Utah General and Limited Tag app at once

NYSKIER

I did a couple searches and was unable to find anything on the topic. As a nonresident is it possible for me to apply to a limited entry and general entry tag at the same time. I'm thinking no but I wanted to double check. For example since half of the tags are allocated on a random drawing I wanted to put in for limited a limited drawing in hopes of getting lucky (which I doubt hahah) but can I then put in for a general app too for when I don't draw? Will this cost me additional money?

Thanks for all the help application season is just around the corner!

Yes, you can do exactly what you asked. Utah has a certain order they draw tags in and if you draw a limited entry deer tag your application will be rejected for general deer. It will cost you $10 extra to apply for the additional deer.

Yes, you can do exactly what you asked. Utah has a certain order they draw tags in and if you draw a limited entry deer tag your application will be rejected for general deer. It will cost you $10 extra to apply for the additional deer.

Thanks that was just the answer I was looking for!

So you could technically (if you draw the limited entry) carry a second deer tag...i.e. you'd have the LE as well as the Gen tag in your pocket?

^^^Thats correct. If you draw a LE deer tag you will have your name removed from the General deer drawing.

Also, If you draw any LE tag, your name is remove for all other species applications as well. I think they have the order in which they draw listed in the booklet. The information you seek starts on page 14:
https://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2017_pdfs/2017_biggameapp_low.pdf

I saw that order I just needed clarification on the LE and General Draw on the same app but Carnage cleared it up for me. Thanks everyone for the help. Wishing everyone the best in application season!

Back