Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Took my mom out

JV842

5417D70D-6147-46E2-9430-CCEA6716D01D.jpg
My mother n father haven’t been seeing much at my grandparents land, so decided to take her out to my friends’s place where we r having a problem w way too many deer. Her n her 270 did the rest!!! Great evening n great time w her!

Durn mom!
My wife has anger issues too. Once she starts shoot'n, she can't stop!:)

"Just back the truck up son and start loading, and I'll keep shoot'n!"
Love it! Congats your mom!

I think she made up for not seeing much on the other place! Good shooting mom!

Nice! I like how she camouflaged herself against the truck and the cooler too!

Good eating to come..

Yep, she definitely does know her way around a gun; that one in particular, I believe it’s an old rem model 7 in 270 topped w n old straight 4x Weaver. My family has always hunted for food n fun; farmers n ranchers southwest of San Antonio. Shot my first buck w her when I was 5 n she was 7 months pregnant w my little sister!!! My grandfather still shoots deer n pigs; he’s 90, n this is the first year my grandmother won’t be hunting; she’s 87!!! N yes that one on the left is a headshot, my mother only shoots neck or head.

N for that first buck I used that 270; I’m 47 now, long story but short version other than her being very pregnant was that my 22/250 was having problems; wouldn’t fire, so I sat in her lap w her gun under my arm while she held the butt; a scope scar to this day, some bleeding, crying, and I had my first buck n one hell of a good story.
Love hunting w my old man n grandfather but still nothing like when I was a child hunting w my mother or grandmother. Early mornings, hot chocolate, cookies, n good times. You can still see the drawings, hang man, n tick tack toe games all over the walls inside of those 2 box blinds.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back