Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Question

ryansullivan

Hey guys, my buddy and I are planning a trip to Wyoming next year to hunt antelope. Neither of us have ever been to Wyoming but we're up for the access challenge and doing it on our own in a new state. I've been doing research on a few different 0 point units and think I've narrowed them down to 2 or 3 to really focus on, but does anyone have any advice on which ones might be better than others for a couple new guys? Just looking to get a shot at a goat and fill the freezer, really no expectation on size or anything like that. We're also fine with walking/hiking in a ways to beat the crowds and get our shot. Right now I think we want to try our luck on public land but if access in these units becomes a real issue we might switch it up! Thanks for any info you might have!

Send me a PM with the units you are looking at and I'll tell you whether to stick with one of those or give you the unit I would put in for that you'll probably draw with 0 PPs in the Regular Draw with a good hunt chance.

I hunted a zero points unit this Fall, with difficult public access. While the available land was limited, it was there if you did your homework and my buddy and I were able to fill our tags pretty quickly. It's very doable, just make sure you have a few public land options, of decent size, in the unit. PM me if you're interested in more detail.

I have hunted zero point units the last two years. PM me your questions and I can share my experiences in more detail.

last year was my first in Wyoming and was zero point hunter also. do your home work and put in the hard work and you will have success. ( gps and onx was a must for me) my buddy and I scouted daylight to dark on day one . both tagged out by 11 am on day two in limited access 2nd choice unit . the guys here are great take the advice and go kill a pronghorn,
you will be hooked.

Great question ryansullivan. I have been thinking about doing some pronghorn hunting out here every since moving from Michigan to Kansas.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back