Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Howdy

Cotten

I'm new to the forum, though I've been lurking in the background as a nonmember for the better part of a year now. I live in Longmont, Colorado, having moved here from Texas in 2005. I'm a DIY hunter and love the backcountry. I will hunt most anything, but have a special love of mule deer and grey squirrels. Went on my first elk hunt in 2005 and have been out every year since. Still haven't killed an elk, but that hardly matters to me. I always have a great time. Looking forward to contributing to and tapping into the knowledge base of this group, as well as helping further the conservation ethic.

Welcome! Despite what VikingsGuy tells you, the 300 win mag is undergunned for squirrel. Wound a squirrel once and have it go up your pants and you will wish you had a 375 H&H.

Welcome! Despite what VikingsGuy tells you, the 300 win mag is undergunned for squirrel. Wound a squirrel once and have it go up your pants and you will wish you had a 375 H&H.

Funny you should say that. Apparently my grandfather had a pretty ugly scar on the front of his thigh. A wounded squirrel came out of the bottom of a hollow tree and went up his pants leg. He killed it by crushing it's skull against his leg with his fist. The act of doing so drove it's front teeth deep into his leg.

Funny you should say that. Apparently my grandfather had a pretty ugly scar on the front of his thigh. A wounded squirrel came out of the bottom of a hollow tree and went up his pants leg. He killed it by crushing it's skull against his leg with his fist. The act of doing so drove it's front teeth deep into his leg.

See, I told ya!

Either way your story is comedy gold and your grandfather is a much bigger man than I. He deserves a Purple Heart if he doesn't already have one.

Last edited:
I just want to let you know that even though only 3 of us responded you truly are welcome here. I am kind of embarrassed that there isn't more like there usually is especially for a guy who shares such a great story right off the bat.

See, I told ya!

Either way your story is comedy gold and your grandfather is a much bigger man than I. He deserves a Purple Heart if he doesn't already have one.

Some of us earned our Purple Hearts in combat and take them very seriously...and don't appreciate them being taken jokingly

Welcome aboard! I've big game and bird hunted for close to 25 years now, but only recently rediscovered the joy of squirrel hunting. I have to admit that I'm partial to fox squirrels, though. I love the story about your gramps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back