Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Arizona Lic and Draw

805Bowhunter

Hey all,
Still learning the AZ lic and draw. I read that in Arizona, just like Utah, a NR Hunting/Fishing license is good for 365 days from the date of purchase. So is it possible, like in Utah, to buy a lic before the big game drawing is due, then use that same license to apply during the big game drawing lic again the following year. For example, if I buy a hunting lic in early feb, then buy a point, then the following year, buy a point on that same lic, wouldn't that work? It would essentially allow me (unless I draw) to buy a license every other year to cover the points on both ends. Hope that makes sense. Additionally, when does the window open to begin purchasing points/selecting units?

Thanks for the help!

It did work for me to do that once or twice. But, if you want to do it for elk, you can only do deer or sheep every other year because of the different application deadlines. Also, every few years the deadline moves back a week, causing headaches. There are also wrenches thrown in like the year they moved the deadline back because of website issues. I had to scramble to buy a license at the last minute since no one could give me a concrete answer if my application would be valid, since I had no license on the new deadline date. In the end, I just decided to buy a license every year. It didn't seem like the uncertainty and hassle was worth it. One year of missed apps and you are 2 points and about 8 years behind on drawing your next tag.

Now, in Utah, I do the every-other-year deal like you do and it works great.

Ok. Thanks for sharing. That was my concern too is that, if something gets fouled up, youre screwed. This year I am applying to a lot more states than I have in the past and was looking to save a couple bucks, however, not at the cost of it biting me in the ass. As you said, I'd rather spend the money and have some peace of mind. Being that I do live relatively close to some good AZ hunting, I'd also like to make more of an effort to utilize the NR hunting license throughout the year.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back