Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Neck Gaiter

375H&H

Who here uses a neck gaiter? I started using one this year and it was an amazing experience. I don't like hoods because they affect my hearing and my head geometry makes them uncomfortable and not turn when my head turns. So I thought I would try a
Neck gaiter, merino wool for starters and I think it solved my wet neck and other problems. What are your thoughts and if you like them what brands do you use? Mine is an icebreaker.

I use a stretchy one like fisherman wear now,but Cano. If it is very cold I wear a fleece one. I like they are very versatile and do keep you a lot warmer!

Buff for the win. Between me and my wife we have like 6 of them. I cut a mouth hole in some so it can be up over my face and I can breathe out of it. It's worth another upper body layer IMHO.

It has to be single digits for me to use one while moving. I do really like them for waterfowl and predator hunting. I wear a beanie over my hat a lot, and like that better. I use a fleece gaiter and an army issue fleece beanie.

I really like my merino kuiu, helps cut down the wind on your neck. Great add on for my late season Midwest archery stand hunting.

We've been wearing them for years and they're great. Most of the time I can get away from wearing a stocking hat or hoodie by wearing a neck gaiter and an insulated baseball cap. You can even pull the gaiter up over your ears if it gets too cold. My mom sewed a bunch of them for our family out of camo fleece.

I have merino wool from First lite and I just bought this one from Cabelas.... OUTFITTER WOOLTIMATE NECK GAITER (Polartec, Thinsulate). Great for cold days in Iowa. NOTE: very warm so don't buy this for the south :)

Absolutely amazing and so warm. Ended up buying one for work and one for a friend. BEST part is that they are on sale for $9. NOTE: I don't see them listed anymore on the site.

good luck to all
the dog

my neck gaiter to me is like a blanket to a baby. I can't go without it.

I've got numerous ones, all seem to work well depending on the weight of fabric.

I have 2 material/fleece balclava type that I use.Just pull down for full hearing & up over my ball cap in morningings/windy.One is Cabellas fleece & one Kings desert cloth,nice & light.
Been wearing these things for years hunting.

I carry 3 of them. 1 is abt 3 inches wide and sorta thin. I can wear it while moving. a wider one for mild temps while standing still and a fleece one tht is about a foot wide that will cover from shoulders to bottom of whatever hat I have on and can cover over my nose if needed.
I just keep switching them out as I heat up or cool off while I am on the move.
Love em

I have a fleece balaclava. It is one of my favorite pieces of gear. Windproof and warm. I can't find the brand any more to replace it and its going on 8 years. That bums me out. I've used buffs, but they seem to be too tight for my neck. I also like it longer to tuck into my jacket, so no wind gets through.

First lite is the bomb. I don't put on my hood a lot cuz I'm in CO and need to have orange on my head. I can put it up under my cap if there is a little chill or under my beanie for added warmth when stationary. Probably the most versatile piece I own.

I have my Icebreaker neck gaiter with me pretty much at all times. I’d be lost without it. I’ll grab a First Lite one to have as a spare next time I place an order with them.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back