Hunt Talk Ugly Dog Convention

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I am soliciting interest in a 2018 ugly dog convention. Pretty dogs are welcome, but priority will be given to ugly dogs and ugly owners. If you have high standards and expectations I suggest you lower them.

We can do a variety of things, from sharp tails and Huns to mountain grouse, sage grouse, or roosters. No discrimination or exclusion will be made based on political affiliation, brand of pants or dog’s names.

Based on location, we may be able to do a couple of these . This one will be somewhere in ‘Tanny, but I am game for a chukar rendezvous in the Gem State as well.

As an ugly owner of a pretty dog, I'm in. Love the idea of mixing it up for sharpies, huns, roosters & sage grouse.

My dog is better looking than me, but does have a mutant tail. He has never hunted mountain grouse and is not allowed to put a sage-grouse in his mouth. We would like to put our name in the hat. References provided upon request.
37012320734_57ec6a7a67_c.jpg

Last edited:
All of the above would be a blast. Sharptails are a bucket list item. Ugly enough?

20171210_155135.jpg

Enzo and I would also like to throw our names in. He may be somewhat handsome but I think his lack of smarts might take him down a few pegs. Same could probably said for the owner....

Don’t let the sophisticated look fool you. He enjoys cow pies and deer pellets more than any dog I’ve met

49C4A018-3A6F-452A-AE7C-7314D9245A69.jpeg

Looks like things may be a little on the intimate side up there in the Snowcrests.
I'll abstain - maybe a more diverse political group will show up.....:D

My dog isn't ugly, but he is really old, should be dead by now, can't bring myself to put him down as he convinces me daily he has worth, shits in the house a few times a week like any 90 year old would, and I would like to come to this but he would probably die before I made it there.... I hope. Here he is last weekend. I hope he dies in his sleep real soon but his big heart will probably keep him going and make me do it for him :(
1303.jpg20171123_090937.jpg

Last edited:
Does one need to be the owner of a bird dog to join? I am ugly, but I think my walker hound won't be much for retrieving birds. She might tree any feral house cats we would encounter.

Does one need to be the owner of a bird dog to join? I am ugly, but I think my walker hound won't be much for retrieving birds. She might tree any feral house cats we would encounter.

We certainly have room for a few sans canid folks.

My pup, Rudy, and I would be interested in joining the convention. If you need help planning a Gem state Chukar/Hun hunt we might be able to help you with the planning. JLS, does this Convention mean that a new pup is in your households near future? Here are a couple of pics from last years hunts.
20161126_123409-1.jpgIMG_0906.JPG

Last edited:
I suggest meeting at the Sheep show and hunting our way home. That' my plan anyway

Attachments

• IMG_8014.JPG
    IMG_8014.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_7801.JPG
    IMG_7801.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
Hank, the not so wonderful hunting dog, would like to be a soft yes at this point. Travel time and trip timing will determine if he can make it and to which one.

Untitled by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

miller- Why are sage hens ;) on the no fly list?

I'm with you. I don't have an ugly dog....yet. But I love being around dog people and watching dogs work. Don't even need to shoot a gun. But I do have skills in bringing really good beer, good bourbon, and peaty scotch.

i got 3 ugly dogs, one 7mo old that needs more birds than currently available in ne montana

Especially if Gerald is going to be performing feats of culinary excellence.

Have bacon, jalapenos, and cream cheese. Will travel!

After running myself into the ground with the 2017 season, the idea of a more gentlemanly hunt that doesn't require the packing of hundreds of pounds of meat on my back sounds appealing.

miller- Why are sage hens ;) on the no fly list?

Because they are dumb and taste like crap. Also, in my area, north of highway 2, I went from 8 active leks with 74 males in 2005 to one lek and 2 males in 2017. They have enough issues in my part of the county. Rather shoot them with a camera.
32827023414_7722080508_c.jpg

Last edited:
References provided upon request.

You and GunR are much too photogenic. We are going to need several references, at least one from a Republican.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back