Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunt Talk Ugly Dog Convention

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Dang new job + relocation + IN youth weekend will probably have me taking a rain check on this hunt this year.

Now where to take Hank in Oct/Nov/Dec. Can't decide if I should go back to Iowa or if I should try KS.

Can't decide if I should go back to Iowa or if I should try KS.

Iowa roadside counts should be out fairly soon. I'm not super optimistic. However, local areas may be much better (or much worse) than last year. Overall, I am wagering on a somewhat downward trend.

Iowa roadside counts should be out fairly soon. I'm not super optimistic. However, local areas may be much better (or much worse) than last year. Overall, I am wagering on a somewhat downward trend.

I was hoping to go up and hunt pheasants in southwest ND the first week of November on 1000 acres a friend owns up there after we're done with our big game hunts in WY. However, the birds really got hit hard the winter before last and it looks like they may not have come back decent enough yet so it's looking like I may skip the hunt. It all depends on what he's seeing for numbers over the next six weeks or so as to what we decide to do.

Seiing really nice numbers here in northeast Iowa. Some good lands went into CRP which has really helped.

good luck to all
the dog

Seiing really nice numbers here in northeast Iowa. Some good lands went into CRP which has really helped.

good luck to all
the dog

I like the sounds of that! I'm closer to that part of the state than others. I hunted the center of the state, nearly literally, last year.

IMG_20180814_202406.jpg

Sorry but I just don't stand for ugly dogs! In this pic my dog saw a deer and sat right up like a person to look at her. After toying with pronghorn and black tail deer ideas, I've decided my week long trip this fall will be grouse hunting in Michigan along with coon hunting over my brothers walker and a little deer hunting.

Bumping this thread up

Have a 3 year old griff and live in WA. Be hunting WA MT SD ND OR this year . Waterfowl , sharpies, grouse, quail Huns chukar and of course pheasants.

Anyone here is welcome to join me.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back