Reloading shells for coyote

I been thinking about going out and shooting some coyotes with my shotgun. Looking for some rounds for the coyotes but they are so expensive. Would it be cheaper to load my own shells. Never have done it and only considering. Please let me know if I should do it and possibly how. Thanks!

You can get Estate or Rio buckshot in 25round boxes for about $15...that's cheaper than loading it yourself. With the exception of loading slugs or specialty shells like turkey loads or non-toxic shot for old guns, it's almost always cheaper to buy shotgun shells vs reloading.

Last edited:
In order to come out ahead on most shotshell reloading applications the components must be purchased in extremely large volumes. ie; lead shot by the ton (yes ton) and wads by the thousands. If you are like many of us and enjoy reloading as a hobby you won’t worry as much about the cost.

FWIW my coyote shotgun likes Remington 3” 4 buck loads. They can be had for about $1.25/shell. Not a lot of money when I only shoot about 20 rounds a year. If you put up the fur, a shotgun killed coyote will be easier to finish and may bring more than enough money to offset the investment in quality shells.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back