Tanning Coyotes

I am planning to do some coyote hunting and I want to tan them out myself. Any tips on how I should do that or any pickling solutions? Thanks!

I would like to tan a couple also. There are quite a few good videos on youtube. Also check out some trapping forums. There are a lot of different ways to get it done.

All the different kits you can buy will work. The main thing is to make sure you flesh them out well. It's a lot of work. I send mine to usafox.com they do great work.

I'd recommend sending them to USA Foxx too, it's a lot of work and they do a good job at a reasonable price

USA Foxx and Furs did a good job on a coyote and fox for me, nice soft skin. Didn't have to flesh it which is a pain in the rear. Played around years ago (1970's) with tanning and it worked but a lot of work. Would like to brain tan some stuff, but will have to wait a for more years until I retire and can devote the time to it.

I think if you want to do it because you want to do it have at it. If you just want a tanned hide send it off to USA Foxx & Furs (Had a coyote & fox done) or Moyle Mink & Tannery (elk and deer hides as leather) Both did a good job for me.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back