Alaska Apps: Party Application

AvidIndoorsman

Has anyone ever put in for a party in the Alaska draw? I've done party draw in CO, WY, and MT but Alaska seems totally different.

My buddy and I are trying to coordinate our drawings for Caribou and Moose.

It seems like we both need to buy licenses, then Party member A puts in the applications for both person A and person B and then person B just pays A back?

If this is true can person A or B put in separate applications or can you just do one app?

Here is the Example.
Person A. Resident
Hunting License
Sheep app
Goat App
Caribou App for A and B
Moose App for A and B

Person B. Non Resident
Hunting License
Bear App

Last edited:
Yes, I applied as a party with a friend that lives in AK for musk ox.

We drew a party application.

BuzzH did either he or you just put in the app. I'm trying to figure out how we do party app for some draw tags and individual apps for others.

I think that year I applied for 2 separate party applications, one with him for muskox, and another for a caribou area with another NR friend.

In a party permit app, only ONE applicant applies (listing both applicants on his application). You can put in for other hunts individually, but NOT for the hunts listed on the Party applications. Doing that will kick out all of your applications for that species. If you both apply for a party permit for a specific hunt, you both lose your applications. If one of you apply for the same hunt (that you applied on the party permit), you both lose your applications. You can put in for 6 applications for most hunts (some moose hunts are restricted to 3 apps only); be sure to read the introductory page on the permit supplement.

Does a party application in Alaska mean you get 1 tag and hunt as a party(2 people using 1 tag)? Or each person in the party gets an individual tag(like a group application here in AZ)? Sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread...

Has anyone ever put in for a party in the Alaska draw? I've done party draw in CO, WY, and MT but Alaska seems totally different.

My buddy and I are trying to coordinate our drawings for Caribou and Moose.

It seems like we both need to buy licenses, then Party member A puts in the applications for both person A and person B and then person B just pays A back?

If this is true can person A or B put in separate applications or can you just do one app?

Here is the Example.
Person A. Resident
Hunting License
Sheep app
Goat App
Caribou App for A and B
Moose App for A and B

Person B. Non Resident
Hunting License
Bear App

Your example should be fine. Either of you could even apply for moose or caribou permits that weren't covered by the party applications. Just don't reapply individually for any tags that are applied for as a party.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back