Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really?

Fin's got this....

Name:  really.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  21.4 KB

I'd like to apologize to Mrs. Fin from all of us. She not only has to put up with Randy being on the road and taking care of the homestead by herself, but she also has to put up with a bunch of whiners and pot stirrers on here. I'm sure I speak for most everyone here by saying thank you Mrs. Fin. You do a great job.
    Last edited by DirtyDan; 12-12-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

To Big and Mrs. Fin, thank you for making sure the buck stops in a reasonable place on this winter range. This forum remains head and shoulders above others in the pack; in part because of articulate disagreement with emphasis on facts, not just antler polishing and headbutting. Some posters may need a guide to help them navigate the terrain here, so a warning shot seems appropriate before rendering a scofflaw DRT. If I were to cross the fence of relevance or civility, I would hope the herd bull bugles me down once before goring me. I belong to this forum because the hunting content here is combined w public land, fair chase and ethics discussions. Without public lands, 90% of us are probably ex-hunters. That is more important to me than filling 10 tags, or 100.

Season's Greetings, HTers. All puns intended.

Quote Originally Posted by beartoothfront View Post
    This is unfortunate that we can't act right. I think a temporary suspention as a cooling off period, as said above, would help. And after that as Cushman said, Bring on Doc Holliday.

We appreciate everything you and Mrs. Fin do for this playform. Sorry it is becoming more frustrating than good. In my few posts I hope I havent stired anything up.
    From conversations I have had on other forums, the idea of a cooling off period only rarely works. Usually, if someone is going to be a jagaloon no amount of time is going to fix that. However, if it works only a little of the time, I would think it is worthwhile and in general a solid policy to have in place. I fully appreciate the vast amount of work it takes to run a site like this and wish to thank Big Fin and Mrs. Fin for putting in all that effort.

Also, mostly I just wanted to type jagaloon.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman27 View Post

Also, mostly I just wanted to type jagaloon.
    Surprised I haven't heard that word more in the last 13 months. ;-)

Blog Entries

Careful........................................... ..........

Just spent 15 minutes reading this thread my question is why? I've spent less time here in recent years because of the very thing that Mr. and Mrs Fin are talking about. Too bad it has to be brought up in the first place.
    How much l wanted to take scalps, but it was not my kill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shoots-straight View Post
    Just spent 15 minutes reading this thread my question is why? I've spent less time here in recent years because of the very thing that Mr. and Mrs Fin are talking about. Too bad it has to be brought up in the first place.
    Hi SS....................

Mr. Fin:

I am on another sports site and they have an option button..... It is an "ignore" button. Hit that button and the posts by that person are hidden (forever) and never show up on your screen. I have a few on "ignore". Sure wish that feature was here.

Relax and have a great holiday.

good luck to all
    the dog
    "it's the HUNT, not the KILL"

Quote Originally Posted by pointingdogsrule View Post
    Mr. Fin:

I am on another sports site and they have an option button..... It is an "ignore" button. Hit that button and the posts by that person are hidden (forever) and never show up on your screen. I have a few on "ignore". Sure wish that feature was here.

Relax and have a great holiday.

good luck to all
    the dog
    You can find that feature if you click on someones screen name go to "view profile".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map" - Aldo Leopold

"Send a couple more slugs. It shows you care." - David Petzal

Dilly, Dilly! John
    “Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Cool. Shows how up to date I am. Silly me
    "it's the HUNT, not the KILL"

just my $0.02 but I see no reason to give warnings to people making comments that a reasonable person would find offensive or bullying. Just can the accounts as soon as they cross the line. I don't think there is any way to moderate the 1% that just don't play nice.

Why not let Sportsmen’s Issues and Public Land Issues forums be a free for all? Many skip over them, anyway, because they go right to the hunting. Also, hiring a person you trust to deal with the site might be worth it.

The site belongs to the owner and the owner can certainly do as they see fit. I also see a bit of frustration with having to re-enter the real world from a hunting trip. All of us have to deal with professional/work Issues when we return from the woods. They are often frustrating. Part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by 3855WIN View Post
    Why not let Sportsmen’s Issues and Public Land Issues forums be a free for all? Many skip over them, anyway, because they go right to the hunting. Also, hiring a person you trust to deal with the site might be worth it.

The site belongs to the owner and the owner can certainly do as they see fit. I also see a bit of frustration with having to re-enter the real world from a hunting trip. All of us have to deal with professional/work Issues when we return from the woods. They are often frustrating. Part of life.
    To me Sportsmans Issues and Public Lands Issues are the most important on this site. I would rather them remain a source of quality information and discussion and not a free for all. Just my opinion though

That is no excuse for anyone to come here and be an a**hole.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

I must be bad karma. I have been in the field with 2 men who can no longer log onto this site. I found them to be both witty and offensive at times. I like them, I support them, I would like to hunt with them again. I support their right to speak their minds.
    I also recognize Randy as a very nice person and advocate for the outdoors. This is his site, his rules. No rub here.
    Nick Clegg Sr.

Dad
    Husband
    Hunter
    usually in that order
    http://nixoutdoorpursuits.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Labs View Post
    To me Sportsmans Issues and Public Lands Issues are the most important on this site. I would rather them remain a source of quality information and discussion and not a free for all. Just my opinion though

agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Labs View Post
    Some "quality" information has certain slants to it. I think that's where things go down hill. And some just like to get a rise out of others.

There's another site I've gone to for many years that has a "free for all" community forum on it. It's really turned into a cesspool of bickering that bleeds over onto the rest of the website. Funny thing is, I've made life long friendships with several members of that site but none of us really go there anymore.

Some "quality" information has certain slants to it. I think that's where things go down hill. And some just like to get a rise out of others.
    Most that I have read does not. Maybe a few posts here and there. Sometimes people take inconvenient truths as slants.

This is the first and only forum I have joined and in the few months I have been a member I find the less desirable parts of my personality being expressed far more often than desired.

I will work on following some good advice: check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by 375H&H View Post
    This is the first and only forum I have joined and in the few months I have been a member I find the less desirable parts of my personality being expressed far more often than desired.

I will work on following some good advice: check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    This is a great point. This is also my first and only forum and Im also pretty new here. Being mindful of my own comments and understanding I will be known by the members of this forum almost entirely by what I type is something I did not consider with a couple of my posts. But when the heart gets beating the keyboard gets lit up! Lol.
    When I die, spread me over the Mission mountains so I can watch the Sunset over Flathead for eternity!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123