Gun Mod Recommendations?

dcopas78

My dad has a Ruger M77, Mark II in 7mm Rem. Mag that he is looking to change out the trigger and the stock on. I've looked at both the McMillan and Hogue stocks. I think maybe the McMillan may be out of his price range for what he wants to do, but if it is a way better option than the Hogue, he would probably be interested. Any other stock recommendations?

I think he is going for a Timney trigger, but likewise we are interested in other suggestions as well. Thanks for your input.

McMillian and Hogue are at opposite spectrums. Take a look at Bell and Carlson.

Timneys are great but a good gunsmith can work the trigger for a lot less money and just as good.

The Bell and Carlson stocks are a pretty good stock for the money. As far as that trigger, replace it or make sure the smith knows what he is doing. mtmuley

all good suggestions on the stock. Also look at stocks at Numrich Gun Parts for the Ruger M77 II. I saw a camo hogue, laminate and standard wood listed

I strongly recommend the McMillan. Pricey, but IMO a much better stock than the others. I'd look at the Ruger Hunter and Classic patterns and probably in that order. I'd probably opt for a laminated stock vs. the Hogue.

You might be able to find a gunsmith to rework the factory trigger, which IMO are great hunting triggers, for the same or less than a replacement Timney. I had my worked by a former poster from OH (whom I think has passed away) and it broke noticeably cleaner and lighter afterwards.

Timney is a great trigger option. I'd also add bell and Carlson stocks to your list. A Hogue stock isn't going to be much if any of an upgrade from the current stock.

I have a Bell&Carlson stock on my Mauser. I really like it. Fiarly light, yet stiff at the same time.

As for trigger, i put a set of Wolfe springs in my 77MKII. Still not great but a huge improvement.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back