Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Diy archery elk, first time

Wulffhunter

Planning for next year already. I'm interested in Wyoming because of distance to home. Now I'm curious as to how the special preference draw works. I have zero points but would I be able to pull that tag without any points in that draw?

with zero points, probably not. Technically theres always a chance with the way the Wyo draw works but very unlikely...especially with Wyoming's popularity as of late. Randy has a great video on all the different draws...here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKG0W9vWgA&list=PLLdxutimd-JvRZ9K2pM-FWyeVbCKtz8-l&index=9

additionally, Randy's Youtube channel has arguably the most informative, user friendly information on the internet. GoHunt.com is a great resource (use the Promo Code "Randy" for some goods as well as Elk101/CoreyJacobsen. The gnarly part about the special draw for Wyoming is that for a NR, it is crazy expensive...$1300. Randy has a great podcast about short term, mid term, and long term strategies as well. Wyoming for me is an every few years deal as I cant bring myself to pay that much for an elk tag. You can hunt other states every single year for half that on an OTC tag while getting points in other, harder to draw areas/units/states. Best of luck!

Idaho is a good state..... tags are not that bad, hunting/fishing $240, elk OTC tag $416.75, archery permit $20. For $676.75 you could do a cast and blast elk hunt or just the elk hunt which would save you $85.25. So it will take an additional 4-6 hrs depending on where your coming from. To me Idaho is a no brainer compared to other states and there tag prices. Fuel is not that much more driving the extra time. Lot's of elk to boot. Pick up a deer tag for $302 and hunt both. Bear tag is $186. So put 3 tags in your pocket for less than a WY elk tag..... to me there is not even a debate on which too choose. I think opportunity for a great time and 3 tags out weigh 1 elk tag in WY..... imo
Matt

Idaho is a good state..... tags are not that bad, hunting/fishing $240, elk OTC tag $416.75, archery permit $20. For $676.75 you could do a cast and blast elk hunt or just the elk hunt which would save you $85.25. So it will take an additional 4-6 hrs depending on where your coming from. To me Idaho is a no brainer compared to other states and there tag prices. Fuel is not that much more driving the extra time. Lot's of elk to boot. Pick up a deer tag for $302 and hunt both. Bear tag is $186. So put 3 tags in your pocket for less than a WY elk tag..... to me there is not even a debate on which too choose. I think opportunity for a great time and 3 tags out weigh 1 elk tag in WY..... imo
Matt

I completely agree with this. Well said. Colorado is great too for OTC.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back