Research Season 17-18, Where you headed?

A lot of my hunting is up in the air with knee and shoulder surgeries. I'm doing a wounded warrior hog/predator hunt in February in Texas. I'll hopefully do Spring turkey in Montana and CO. Points for everything in CO and if I can hunt and fit it in I can do OTC or leftover tags. Possibly WY antelope and deer with a couple ht buddies and probably pick up a couple doe tags to hunt with another ht buddy. Putting in for NM archery elk with a ht buddy. Going to Michigan in December for a muzzleloader deer hunt with a hunttalker. Possibly nebraska in December for muzzleloader whitetails with a ht buddy. This is all dependent on when the surgeries will take place and what sort of recoveries I'm looking at. There is also a possibility of a super secret hunt with SFC B if money and timing come together :cool:

A lot of my hunting is up in the air with knee and shoulder surgeries. I'm doing a wounded warrior hog/predator hunt in February in Texas. I'll hopefully do Spring turkey in Montana and CO. Points for everything in CO and if I can hunt and fit it in I can do OTC or leftover tags. Possibly WY antelope and deer with a couple ht buddies and probably pick up a couple doe tags to hunt with another ht buddy. Putting in for NM archery elk with a ht buddy. Going to Michigan in December for a muzzleloader deer hunt with a hunttalker. Possibly nebraska in December for muzzleloader whitetails with a ht buddy. This is all dependent on when the surgeries will take place and what sort of recoveries I'm looking at. There is also a possibility of a super secret hunt with SFC B if money and timing come together :cool:

Hmm, I know a guy in Michigan. :cool:

MT: Deer, Elk, Antelope, Bear
WY: In for Deer, Elk, and Antelope
AK: Moose/Caribou

Draws:
CO: Deer, Sheep
ID: Sheep

@dcopas78- Correct. There is currently not a public draw season in that unit, however the ranches nearby are allotted elk tags. The articles mentioning the Sabinoso talked about future elk hunting. I guess I just assumed that since 16,000 acres is now open to public, and the surrounding ranches sell elk hunts that there would be a draw for elk tags this year. But that's just an assumption. Can anyone speak to this?

Unit 42 in NM has no draw elk tags,but is in outside COER ranch system. RO LO tags,deeded lands only.
No talk of opening 42 to elk draw as it is mostly private w/some state & BLM lands. Not that many elk compared to other places in NM,but seen some dandies driving thru there. Canadian River country.

Last edited:
My 2018 season

OR - turkeys April
OR - bear May
OR - getting married August
WY - pronghorn September
OR - deer and elk October
ID - deer November

AZ-Coues deer, elk, pronghorn, sheep
NM- Mule deer, elk, pronghorn, sheep
UT-Elk, mule deer
CO- Elk, mule deer
NV- Elk, mule deer
WY- Elk, mule deer, pronghorn

All about quantity over quality haha

1. ND/WI Squirrels
2. WY Antelope
3. ND Archery Mule Deer - If time permits
4. WI Whitetail

Need to find more time in the fall of 2018 to disrupt everyone's WI bow hunt in search of squirrels.

I see a number of you are planning on hunting Alaska... Let me know if you need help with logistics or help in the Anchorage area. I'd be glad to help if I'm around.

Montana: Apply for Elk/Deer permits with the likelihood of hunting General Tags.
Plus, Sheep, Goat, Moose and possibly pronghorn (havent had much luck with those speed goats)

Out of state...
CO: Deer Pt
ID: Possible OTC deer
NV: Deer/Elk Pt
SD: Deer Pt-Possible OTC Archery
UT: Elk Pt
WY: Elk Pt

Hate picking and choosing but funds don't allow otherwise. Would be nice to do deer/elk in all western states..Wouldnt mind throwing my name in the hat for Mtn Goats across the west too.

MT Resident: Elk, deer, antelope, bear, mntn goat permit, bison permit, spring turkey, trout fishing, waterfowl, trapping, predator hunting including wolf and maybe mntn lion....you name it I’ll be chasing it. I don’t need to travel anywhere anymore because I live in a sportsmans paradise and I’m very fortunate to do so. ��

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back