Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Let's Play a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfb99

Let’s Play a Game……

For all of us, the issue Public Lands policy elicits an emotional response.

It does for me.

I strongly disagree with the role back of National Monuments and I strongly disagree with Zinke.

To keep myself grounded I ask myself the question constantly of where am I coming from? Why do I feel this way, what motivates me? Is something in myself biasing me to twist reality to fit my view?

I decided to create a litmus test for myself. It is a fantasy, an alternate reality….

It is as follows:

At the close of the George Bush Presidency, the President creates one of the largest National Monuments in the country. The monument is called Bears Ears and it is located in Southern Utah.

In the next election, a new President takes office, his name is Barack Obama. President Obama hires an ex Senator by the name of Clinton to be his Secretary of the Interior. During the first year of the administration, Clinton reviews all the National Monuments in the country. She gives the President her recommendation to reduce four National Monuments, including Bears Ears.

President Obama is elated and signs an executive order to role back Bears Ears by 85%. President Obama flies to Utah to celebrate the role back of this National Monument. He along with Clinton and Senator Hatch, have a big celebration for this.

Now here is the litmus test.

Do you support President Obama’s decision to role back Bears Ears National Monument?
Do you support the actions of President Obama’s Secretary of the Interior Clinton?

Here are my answers. NO and NO! HECK no and I will fight Obama and Clinton every step of the way.

For members of this Forum, what are your answers?

How strongly do you really feel about your views? Does your view transcend your political disposition, and label of conservative or liberal?

For the Zinke and DJT water carriers, show your commitment by signing on to support of President Obama and Secretary Clinton's "decision" on Bears Ears

Is that the sound of crickets I hear.........

Cheers,

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free To Roam…..

I prefer Yahtzee, beer pong and pin the tail on the donkey but your game may be fun.
Question is, where do I find the good stuff that gets me in the mindset to play? Selfish of you not to share.

Just a suggestion Mark. If you want to be taken more seriously post up some pictures of your hunting adventures in stead of just starting politically charged threads. I don't care if you are not the most accomplished hunter. Some of the best threads are pictures of a hunter with a big smile and his first deer or elk. At a minimum put up some pictures of the public lands you enjoy. Show us that you are a hunter/public lands user and not just a political activist because if you are just an activist I am not sure you belong here.

Last edited:
Or we could play guess Mark's true profession. I say he's a covert Russian agent hired by a trump super Pac. His job is to irritate people on the internet to the point of voting for trump next time purely out of spite. For the 500 bonus points, his 2 degrees came from trump U. Winner?

I propose a new twist to this game. Anyone care to guess how many more threads Mark gets to post until we see a Doc Holliday meme appear and hear " You may go now."? My guess is three.

I propose a new twist to this game. Anyone care to guess how many more threads Mark gets to post until we see a Doc Holliday meme appear and hear " You may go now."? My guess is three.

I'm going with 2. Poor guy. He just wants someone to talk to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back