Some trophies arrived today

Kiwi

Not the biggest trophies but a lot of awesome memories of great adventures. All New Zealand DIY public land hunts. West Coast tahr, kaweka sika and Wairarapa fallow.IMG_5317.jpg

Those are cool. Animals we don't see here outside of high fence ops. Maybe someday we will make it down there.

Very nice! How difficult was the tahr hunt?

The tahr hunt was fairly difficult, not the hardest hunt I've done physically but had it moments! I was dropped off by chopper near the tops of the Southern Apls (only realistic option, would be a 16+ hr walk) and camped there for two nights. Walked down the valley to a hut and the chopper picked me up from there. Was a big 6 hr walk down over rough country. I spotted the tahr last light the first night and ambushed him the second night, was a very exiting hunt. Hunting solo in that country is something most people don't forget in a hurry. I'll try and post some pic of the area.

Hunting solo in that country is something most people don't forget in a hurry. I'll try and post some pic of the area.

At least there's no grizzlies there to worry about. But looks like there's plenty of things related to the terrain and elements to do you in if not careful!

Some iPhone photos showing the area I shot the tahr.

IMG_1663a.jpgIMG_1630a.jpgIMG_1636a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1655a.jpg
    IMG_1655a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_1662a.jpg
    IMG_1662a.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 415
very nice! one of these days I'll get down there and do some hunting, and flyfish for some of those big trout as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back