Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

CVA Optima V2

I have an Optima V2 and an older Optima. Love them both. I started with a Night then went to a T/C Encore. The Optimas are by far the best one I've owned.

I have the optima v2 northwest and have zero complaints. I've only had it for 8 months but it was the only gun out of four that would fire in some very tuff conditions for a muzzleloader. I ended up being the only one to harvest a bull because it.

I've had a optima v2 for 4 years, love it. Absolutely no complaints. I did buy the breech plug for blackhorn 209 - I will never shoot any other black power substitute after using it.

I have the optima v2 northwest and have zero complaints. I've only had it for 8 months but it was the only gun out of four that would fire in some very tuff conditions for a muzzleloader. I ended up being the only one to harvest a bull because it.

That's great to hear and congrats on your bull. My brother in law and I are planning on coming out to idaho this fall to hunt mule deer. Got any pointers?

Optima is a nice muzzleloader, but if you're in a state where only open sights are allowed, plan on upgrading the crappy factory ones.

I think I paid closer to $220 for an Optima V2 brand new two years ago?

Has been perfect, except for those sights. The rear sight kept coming loose. We replaced the rear sight with a peep this year. We also put in the blackhorn breech plug.

During my pronghorn hunt this year, I crawled around in the mud during a misty rain for 3 hours before finally getting a shot. No problems at all with ignition.

I got the Accura v2. The Optima just didn't line up as well for me. I have heard very good things about the Optima, and very happy with the Accura. Get a peep sight. I also had to get a shorter front sight.

Last edited:
If you are coming to Idaho to hunt in a muzzleloader only season, make sure your gun is compliant...the Optima is made in a "Northwest" model that makes it a legal gun in Idaho, Washington, and I can't remember what the other state is.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back