Idaho Game and Fish

TheSurveyor

Does anyone know if game and Fish can pull my tag number from when I checked in my bear this spring??? I can't find my paper work and I just got my tanned hide back and it's trash! It looks like a lawnmower ran over it!!! I took so much time skinning it and didn't make a single knick. This was my first bear ever and something I've wanted to do since a kid. There's roughly 20 holes with one being 8 inches long!!! I think it's my bear but without the tag number I have no way to be sure. All I can figure is it got caught up in some equipment or something at the tannery. My only hope is it's not mine but not sure what that gets me either. I'm crushed and just trying to figure out what to do.

Look online. It may be there. Might have to go into the buy a tag menu, ie, get partway to buying another wolf tag, but I bet your bear tag number is there.

Any office can look up your bear tag number, but if you're talking about the metal pelt tag, you'll find the right person to look it up by contacting headquarters.

[email protected]
It would help to clarify that you're asking for the metal pelt tag number, since the first thing most people think about when you say "bear tag" is the tag you bought to hunt the bear.
Be aware that license and tag information is protected by privacy laws, so not every employee can access the information. Even some employees that have clearance may not know where to look it up because only those that have needed the information will know where to look. You may also get some questions to make sure it is really you to ensure your privacy is protected.

Any office can look up your bear tag number, but if you're talking about the metal pelt tag, you'll find the right person to look it up by contacting headquarters.

[email protected]
It would help to clarify that you're asking for the metal pelt tag number, since the first thing most people think about when you say "bear tag" is the tag you bought to hunt the bear.
Be aware that license and tag information is protected by privacy laws, so not every employee can access the information. Even some employees that have clearance may not know where to look it up because only those that have needed the information will know where to look. You may also get some questions to make sure it is really you to ensure your privacy is protected.

Thanks brother! I'm not expecting a good out come but just hoping.

Well. I got my pelt number from Idaho and it's not the pelt tag in the hide in my hand.
Now to figure out if there is a chance there was a clerical error with tag numbers or this isn't my hide at all.
Then to find the guy who has my hide...

Please keep us posted, I'm hoping you have some good luck getting your bear back.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back