PowerBelt MZ Bullets

bullhead

Hello, My son just bought a new CVA 50cal Accura. From the info included with gun they recommend using PowerBelts. I have other bullets for him to try but he still wants them. So what would be the best elk/deer bullet for him to try? Will be using loose powder triple 7. Any info would be great. thanks

I found the higher priced bullets shoot better. Different material makes them longer in the same grain so they stabilize faster. If the cheapest ones shoot good, great, but if you have trouble try the more expensive ones

That's because CVA owns Powerbelts. I've had decent accuracy out of the plain lead Powerbelt 295 grain hollow points which is required for weapons restricted areas in MT. They are made from soft lead and make a mess when they hit bone. Depending on the legality I would definitely try a few different sabots.

I use the Hornady 250g SST in mine and they fly great. I’ve also used the Hornady XTP with sabot jackets and they did well but made a mess out of the deer.

I also shoot the Hornady SST and love them. I know some guys on here like powerbelts, but for me they just don't make the grade. With that said, if the gun likes them, shoot them.

I shoot the barnes 290 tmz out of my accura. They are accurate and hold together very well. The only thing i would use powerbelts on are squirrels and coyotes.

I helped my uncle sight in a new accura a few months ago. 250gr Barnes TMZ with 100gr BH209 and Winchester primers worked out to about 1.5 inches at 100 yards. That's was the first and only load we tried.

I have used Hornady 350gr FPB's for about ten years. I have taken lots of elk and deer with them and haven't had any complaints with their performance. They shoot great out of my Knight MK-85 over 100grs of Pyrodex.

I have shot A ton of deer with various powerbelts and have found that the 295 jacketed hollow point preformed best, when loaded with 150 gr powder I like the platinum ones they definitely perform better. Powerbelts are only muzzy bullet I like, when legal it's what I am shooting!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back