Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Rinella cuts through the hyperbole on Bears ears, etc

We need to listen to the words of informed conservationists like Rinella. He is articulate and speaks for us, much like Randy. Take a moment and listen to what Steven Rinella has to say, no matter what side you are on.

Thank you RobG for posting this.

Last edited:
Very well said. It's the most level headed, reasonable response I've heard yet. Rinella is always well spoken, but it sounds like he really took his time research his response and prepare it in advance of the recording. We all need to hear this, especially his comments on working together to solve the problems.

he really is maybe the best thing to happen to hunting in the last decade, in terms of putting a message out to folks who otherwise wouldn't listen.

his point concerning some groups saying that the "land was stolen" and pointing it out as a poor argument, carry's a lot of water. We have to watch out for fear mongering and sky-is-falling hyperbole before its necessary. Leave that to the opposition.

Last edited:
Dude just has a good way with words. I like everything he does.

I was pretty disappointed with BHA's initial response to the decision. They have since provided some clarification via FB that seems to explain or moderate their stance. Renella's summary is the best line of reasoning I've heard yet.

I love how Steve articulated the more nuanced reality. As he stated, a big take away might be the precedent set, and what it means for other national monuments. In line with this, I saw a claim by the Sierra Club today that there was potentially going to be a move to drastically reduce the size of Giant Sequoia National Monument to allow increased logging. Has anyone else heard this from any other source? I am concerned that this claim is speculation based on fear, or a desire to generate outrage and membership donation/action due to the beloved status of the Sequoia forests, not reliable information. I'd love to hear insights based on other legit sources.

he really is maybe the best thing to happen to hunting in the last decade, in terms of putting a message out to folks who otherwise wouldn't listen.

his point concerning some groups saying that the "land was stolen" and pointing it out as a poor argument, carry's a lot of water. We have to watch out for fear mongering and sky-is-falling hyperbole before its necessary. Leave that to the opposition.

Totally agree....best thing to happen to hunting in a long time. Completely destroys any stereotypes people may have about hunters. Nobody is more cerebral. I can admit that his post/recording really helped me understand the topic better.

Love Rinella even more after hearing this(not that I didn't already). So very spot on.

I guess Patagonia changed their wording on their "stolen land" ad, and BHA changed some words in their statement. Good. When the other side accuses you of peddling fake news, it is helpful to our side if we don't go around peddling fake news. I saw Glenn Beck railing on Patagonia about their claim that land was stolen, but then he went on to say you couldn't leave the road in these monuments, which was completely wrong. All this fake news does is make people give up on searching for the truth, and the people in control are fine with that.

I guess Patagonia changed their wording on their "stolen land" ad, and BHA changed some words in their statement. Good. When the other side accuses you of peddling fake news, it is helpful to our side if we don't go around peddling fake news. I saw Glenn Beck railing on Patagonia about their claim that land was stolen, but then he went on to say you couldn't leave the road in these monuments, which was completely wrong. All this fake news does is make people give up on searching for the truth, and the people in control are fine with that.

Agreed, Glenn Beck said there’s so much misinformation regarding the issue, all while completely lying throughout the video. It was so obvious he had no clue what he was talking about, and I saw people and pages share that video knowing it wasn’t true including Big Game Forever who well knows he wasn’t telling the truth. There was essentially no lost access on these monuments, only mineral development was withdrawn. Seeing things like this makes you realize you can’t trust anyone to report honestly anymore. The President likes to point at specific outlets but every one of them lie and misinform. It’s all about echo chambers and neither side can be honest ever. It goes beyond this issue as well. But on this issue specifically yes, Patagonia put out a false statement. Zinke, President Trump, and county and state officials in Utah put out lies. Really sad to be honest.

Last edited:
All this fake news does is make people give up on searching for the truth, and the people in control are fine with that.

True words.

I am personally not a big fan of Rinella, I don't hate the guy, just not my cup of tea. And with the exception of this prepared statement, I have not found him to be articulate. I'll take whatever heat I need to for that.

However, this is a very well prepared statement and my sentiments exactly. I was not happy with Patagonia and BHA and other "conservation" groups that simply attacked without understanding the whole. I am glad that he put this out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back