Zinke used government helicopters to travel to and from DC: report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfb99

As I said in a previous post, I think it is important to keep track of Zinke. At the risk of this post being locked out, I still think others should read it.

From Politico and also carried in The Hill (No these are not left wing liberal rags, both are must reads for the workings of DC.....don't be afraid, it is not fake news).

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke used government helicopters to transport himself and staffers between events and locations near Washington, D.C., according to a new report.

Travel logs obtained by Politico show that Zinke spent more than $14,000 on the helicopter trips, which were provided by the U.S. Park Police.

One such trip was to an emergency management exercise in Shepherdstown, West Virginia in June. Zinke reportedly ordered a helicopter ride to the town, which is two hours away from Washington, D.C., because his schedule would not allow him to leave Washington in time to drive.

According to the documents obtained by Politico, the official business keeping Zinke in Washington was the swearing-in ceremony for newly-elected Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-Mont.).

The flight to West Virginia after the ceremony cost $8,000, according to Politico.
Another instance saw Zinke and another Interior Department official flying to and from Yorktown, Virginia in a single day in July. During the trip, Zinke attended a roundtable discussion with boating industry representatives and visited a site of future high-voltage electric transmission lines, according to Politico.

Zinke again used a Park Police helicopter on his way back from Yorktown, reportedly in order to make it back to Washington, D.C. in time for a horseback ride with Vice President Mike Pence. Politico reports the flight cost around $6,250.

The documents obtained by Politico show an Interior official said the trip to and from Yorktown would allow Zinke to “familiarize himself with the in-flight capabilities of an aircraft he is in charge of.”

In a statement to the outlet, Interior Department spokeswoman Heather Swift defended Zinke’s trips, specifically his use of a helicopter after attending Gianforte’s swearing-in

If you want to read more, go to the article in Politico…..

Why are articles like this important? Because it is important to understand what motivates Zinke, - who pulls his strings. Everything I see points to Zinke being a lackey of the extraction industry. He is a swamp creature that has no interest in protecting OUR public lands - for us, the sportsmen and women.

Don't fall for the Cowboy hat and boots (heck I can buy the same at Boot Barn).

Zinke is going to toss some crumbs to us while at the same time he will be sticking a shiv between our shoulder blades.

This man is as poisonous as the coal waste that he now gladly allows to be dumped into streams.

Think, use your OWN brain - if it smells like coals waste, if it looks like coal waste, well it must be coal waste.

Cheers,

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free To Roam.....

I guess you think that he's the only politician that travels by chopper or plane to get to and from places in a timely manner---NOT! Would you rather they take a car and be out a few days in motels on the road for each thing they attend and not get much done or gripe about what you are along with throwing your own political bent into you post?

:confused: I'm not sure how you are connecting Zinke being a lackey for industry because he uses a helicopter for transportation? Even who he met with on those occasions seems trivial.

If you're going to hammer Zinke, make some direct connection to public land hunting. Otherwise save it for a different website.

I'll soon be home from a season of travel. Expect more of these threads to get heavily moderated.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back