Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

lightweight cot???

tom338

I issues with a bad back, bulged disks and need something soft yet lightweight to sleep on. I use a tipi with no floor and am thinking about getting a cot. Can anyone recommend one thats lightweight that they like?? Or some kind of lightweight pad that is thick but lightweight

Perhaps try a memory foam pad rolled into a bedroll. A bivy or canvas cover with a sleeping bag or blankets inside with a foam pad. I am not sure that a lightweight cot truly exists or everyone would have one :)

Wow, I looked for ages and could never find one...good work! Is it actually comfortable and durable?

Wow, I looked for ages and could never find one...good work! Is it actually comfortable and durable?

I have one of the original Luxurylite versions also, and use it every fall in Alaska for 7-12 nights in the bush. Looks almost like new, and is confy with a light mattress pad. I'm about 5'11" and 190, and it works great for me.

https://www.thermarest.com/cots/ultralite-cot

I’ve had the original version of the Luxury Lite for a decade or so (from before thermarest bought them, they have probably gotten better since). Hands down worth the money and probably my best camping gear purchase ever.

My buddy has one of these, I thought it looked gimmicky...unit I put my sleeping pad on it and took a nap when was up the mountain...It was awesome, I highly recommend getting one

Last edited:
I have two luxurylite’s, a medium and large, and they are great. My back usually acted up on camping trips, until I bought these. Word of caution, use a good r-value pad. I find sleeping on a cot to be colder than the ground. If you use an appropriate pad, you’re fine, but if you try to cut corners you’ll pay for it with a plush but cold night get of sleep.

I may be willing to part with the large cot. Send me a message if you’re interested.

+4 or 5 on the thermarest ultralite cot - well worth the $. Obviously great for packing in but I even used it this year at base camp instead of my trusty-rusty Cabela's camp cot.

I have a Helinox ultralite cot that I like a lot. I use it in a Kifaru Sawtooth and haven’t had any issues. They are expensive but a quality nights sleep can be priceless when in the field.

I looked at cots when I first started backpacking and never found anything as nice as the one above. I have three herniated disks in my lower back and have been using the Thermarest Neoair pad for years. The Neoairs weighs a little over a pound (could easily save you a 1.5 to 2 lbs over the cot) and has to be 3 to 4 inches thick. Between the Neoair and buying a bigger & warmer sleeping bag I have had some great nights sleep on the mountain.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back