Wyoming General Elk License?

zimmy

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if a General nonresident elk tag will take 2 or 3 points this year. Just trying to put together some fall plans to help the winter go by. Thanks

2 PPs was 100% in the Regular Draw in 2017, but not by much. 2PPs in the Special Draw will easily get a tag if you have the dough to spend. IMHO 2PPs will probably still come close to 100% in the Regular Draw, but with the price increase there may be more that put in for it than would have if the price increase for the Special Draw hadn't gone through for 2018 with the other increases.

hard to tell for sure,but I drew mine in 2017 on 2 points regular draw..unfortunately tag soup after 12 days though.hard to tell if the new fees will change things around a bit on the 2018 season.

Your 2 pts will draw the general tag.Personally,I think alot of people were spending their points in the last 2 years knowing the increase was coming.I'm betting with my wallet that I'll draw general tag 2nd choice again in the special draw.I hope to draw 1st choice,but if not,I think the higher price tag will push people to regular draw or another state

I forget how 1st choice/2nd choice works in Wyoming. Just watched Randy's video on Wyo and that wasnt mentioned. Is it smart to always put the general tag as 2nd choice or, if you are trying to draw the general tag, should you put that 1st. Does position of choice matter or do they look at 1st and 2nd choice before going on to next application. In other words, should I just be applying to a hard to draw unit 1st, and then general as 2nd...then keep my points for coming years when I do draw the unit? Thanks for the help!

I forget how 1st choice/2nd choice works in Wyoming. Just watched Randy's video on Wyo and that wasnt mentioned. Is it smart to always put the general tag as 2nd choice or, if you are trying to draw the general tag, should you put that 1st. Does position of choice matter or do they look at 1st and 2nd choice before going on to next application. In other words, should I just be applying to a hard to draw unit 1st, and then general as 2nd...then keep my points for coming years when I do draw the unit? Thanks for the help!

If you are ok with paying $1300 for a general tag then yes, put it as a 2nd choice in the special. You will not draw the general tag as a 2nd in the regular draw. I'm not so sure that you will even be able to get the general tag as a 2nd choice in the special like mixed bag is hoping but maybe things will change with the tag fee increases. We will know soon enough!

If you are ok with paying $1300 for a general tag then yes, put it as a 2nd choice in the special. You will not draw the general tag as a 2nd in the regular draw. I'm not so sure that you will even be able to get the general tag as a 2nd choice in the special like mixed bag is hoping but maybe things will change with the tag fee increases. We will know soon enough!

So does that mean that they look at everyones first choice (in both draws) and then go back and do the second choices? How are second choices awarded?

They look at everyone's first choice first, before moving onto second choice. You will never draw that tag second choice unless the first choice quota is not met (which will never happen again). If you want the tag you've got to do it first choice.

You have to apply for general 1st choice to draw it in the regular draw
Years ago it use to make it to 2nd round only in the special draw.I won't mind spending 1300 on the tag if I gain a point as well.To me it doesn't hurt to try for it.Though it is alot to pay for that tag.I've wasted alot more money on alot worse things
Good luck in the draws.It's coming up real soon

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back