Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loan Me a Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fin View Post
    Gasser for me. Smaller dimensions provide a nimbleness that I need for tight spots, steep approach angles, break over angels, combined with more than adequate power for towing a trailer.
    as in the actual truck outside dimensions are different? huh, I would have thought they'd all have the same body just a different powertrain.
    Elitist Hunter

"Never let schooling [work] get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

Randy nice looking truck. Do you know the horsepower rating on the one you will be getting? Also curious if you will be able to put irons (chains) on the front tires as well as the rears? Lots of pickup now they say you can't put chains on the front because the clearances are too tight. That sure doesn't help a guy much when you are in a foot of snow in central Montana someplace on a sketchy two track does it! But then we know you never take your trucks anyplace you might need to chain them up unless you count some of the DQ places in eastern Montana!

You earned it Randy!
    "Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much." John Wayne

I assumed that most angles ,ect,would be the same with the diesel too..thought nissans "cummins" option might be a real game changer over a comparable Toyota?front tire chain clearance also?

5. Default

I assume Randy is driving the non-xd titan that is the short wheel base. I was interested in the xd, but it will not take chains on the front and the back looks tight itself....that certainly is a downside for me. Can you put chains on the front of a non-xd Nissan?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Elk View Post
    Sweet rig! I can't wait to see it with a full Dairy Queen wrap. When's the DQ announcement?
    The future Big Fin DQ cruiser?

Name:  e63278f2b0e320f6c81e834b4820c809.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  96.7 KB
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by dan.kirkpatrick View Post
    I assumed that most angles ,ect,would be the same with the diesel too..thought nissans "cummins" option might be a real game changer over a comparable Toyota?front tire chain clearance also?
    I believe that the XD diesel has the same front end that the larger Nissan delivery type vehicles have. So I imagine it would have beefier parts and different geometry. I did some research before I bought my current truck, a Ram 2500, and know that the XD turning radius was way quite a bit more than what it is on my truck.

I've never really looked at the Titans, but a HuntTalk special edition would certainly peak my interest. Maybe a Randy Newberg likeness plastered across the hood and stitched into the headrests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12