Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Loan Me a Truck

Bout time they gave you a truck after all those years of free advertising.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

What type of bumper will you run on that sweet rig? I hear the guys over at Throttle Down Customs(TDK) in Moore MT make some very durable after market bumpers. I see them all over when we are hunting out there. Nice guys. Want to put one on my Tundra...just have to pull the trigger!

Sorry ... just saw the part about you all doing videos on the installs of the aftermarket items.

I purchased the 2017 Titan Pro-X4 about 9 months ago. I will be interested to see how you fit yours out.

There are so few Titans around here I probably would have bought something else if you hadn't convinced me to look at one. I bought a used one from a dealer who thought it had 18,000 miles. Turns out it was a Canadian truck and it was 18,000 kilometers. Poor dealer...

Pulled out two chevy's this winter. No complaints so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    There are so few Titans around here I probably would have bought something else if you hadn't convinced me to look at one. I bought a used one from a dealer who thought it had 18,000 miles. Turns out it was a Canadian truck and it was 18,000 kilometers. Poor dealer...

Pulled out two chevy's this winter. No complaints so far.
    Funny. mtmuley

First thing I need to know is can you chain up the front end of this vehicle?
    Many new vehicles today don't allow room under and around those tires in the front.
    How much l wanted to take scalps, but it was not my kill.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shoots-straight View Post
    Many new vehicles today don't allow room under and around those tires in the front.
    I'm guessing spacers but it would help their sales pitch if they were chain ready.
    I'm waiting to see how this works out before I buy my next truck. In fact I am probably more interested
    in the infomercial he puts out than I am on his next hunt.
    I'm going to go one more season on mine.
    I only spend maybe 10% off road
    Last edited by Tradewind; 03-31-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Sweet rig, I'm sure it will serve you well. Glad they gave you one to try out for them.
    I work so I can hunt

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Nice color, needs a big old Wazzu Coug sticker on there, right JR?
    If you put a Coug sticker on it you'll need the Dominos Pizza light on the top too.

Quote Originally Posted by shoots-straight View Post
    Back to my post about who as liability resulting from my use. In the agreement I represented I will not operate the vehicle in any manner not provided for, or other than what is explained, in the owner's manual, nor while I operate the vehicle in an unsafe or illegal manner. The owner's manual of every Titan I have has said "Tire chains must be installed only on the rear wheels and not on the front wheels," including this one, so you won't see any of my content, including here on Hunt Talk, with chains on the front.

FWIW, my old Titan owner's maunals said the same thing and I was able to chain them up on the front wheels.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Yea, if they didn't engineer that area big enough around the tires for chains it can lead to a sad situation, as well as a costly one.

I'm looking for new hunting wheels and don't think the Titan will be on the list. Chains on the front is a must the way I roll. Thanks for the info.
    How much l wanted to take scalps, but it was not my kill.

From one of my prior Titans where they warned against chaining the front wheels. Never had a problem.

Name:  IMG_1193.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  47.4 KB

Trailer is fully loaded
    Name:  IMG_1246.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  102.4 KB
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

2005 Titan owner about to hit 200,000 miles and I"m planning on taking it to SW MT this year and not worried a bit!

Great looking truck Randy!

Sharp truck Fin! Can't wait to see the accessory videos!

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fin View Post
    Back to my post about who as liability resulting from my use. In the agreement I represented I will not operate the vehicle in any manner not provided for, or other than what is explained, in the owner's manual, nor while I operate the vehicle in an unsafe or illegal manner. The owner's manual of every Titan I have has said "Tire chains must be installed only on the rear wheels and not on the front wheels," including this one, so you won't see any of my content, including here on Hunt Talk, with chains on the front.

FWIW, my old Titan owner's maunals said the same thing and I was able to chain them up on the front wheels.
    Ha, had to read this twice before I read between the lines....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234