Loan Me a Truck

There are so few Titans around here I probably would have bought something else if you hadn't convinced me to look at one. I bought a used one from a dealer who thought it had 18,000 miles. Turns out it was a Canadian truck and it was 18,000 kilometers. Poor dealer...

Pulled out two chevy's this winter. No complaints so far.

Funny. mtmuley

First thing I need to know is can you chain up the front end of this vehicle?
Many new vehicles today don't allow room under and around those tires in the front.

Many new vehicles today don't allow room under and around those tires in the front.

I'm guessing spacers but it would help their sales pitch if they were chain ready.
I'm waiting to see how this works out before I buy my next truck. In fact I am probably more interested
in the infomercial he puts out than I am on his next hunt.
I'm going to go one more season on mine.
I only spend maybe 10% off road

Last edited:

Back to my post about who as liability resulting from my use. In the agreement I represented I will not operate the vehicle in any manner not provided for, or other than what is explained, in the owner's manual, nor while I operate the vehicle in an unsafe or illegal manner. The owner's manual of every Titan I have has said "Tire chains must be installed only on the rear wheels and not on the front wheels," including this one, so you won't see any of my content, including here on Hunt Talk, with chains on the front.

FWIW, my old Titan owner's maunals said the same thing and I was able to chain them up on the front wheels.

Yea, if they didn't engineer that area big enough around the tires for chains it can lead to a sad situation, as well as a costly one.

I'm looking for new hunting wheels and don't think the Titan will be on the list. Chains on the front is a must the way I roll. Thanks for the info.

From one of my prior Titans where they warned against chaining the front wheels. Never had a problem.

IMG_1193.jpg

Trailer is fully loaded
IMG_1246.JPG

Back to my post about who as liability resulting from my use. In the agreement I represented I will not operate the vehicle in any manner not provided for, or other than what is explained, in the owner's manual, nor while I operate the vehicle in an unsafe or illegal manner. The owner's manual of every Titan I have has said "Tire chains must be installed only on the rear wheels and not on the front wheels," including this one, so you won't see any of my content, including here on Hunt Talk, with chains on the front.

FWIW, my old Titan owner's maunals said the same thing and I was able to chain them up on the front wheels.

Ha, had to read this twice before I read between the lines....:hump:

Back