Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Loan Me a Truck

Tell Nissan they’re making a wise marketing investment. I’d never even considered Nissan before but thought I’d give the truck a look after hearing about it on your platforms. I was impressed when I did a little research of my own. And then bought a Pro4x a week ago.

Tell Leopold they can put a big magnet on that way you can take off at trailhead. wont protect like wrap but then you can get a dq one also with the caveat that you get a free blizzard when ever it is on truck.

The more I think about it I really think I like my 5.5 bed more than the 6.5 bed. When my atv is in the bed I need to ratchet the tail gait tight anyway on the 6.5, with the 5.5 bed the atv keeps it down.

Just don't pull the quad all the way up on the 6 1/2 bed if the goal is to keep the tailgate down. Now you have room in front of the quad for a cooler.

Does it come with a cracked windshield or is that an aftermarket addition?

Holy crap I agree with 6.5 MtMuley on something. No way any other state goes through more replacement windshields per year Per Capita than Montana. Who would have thought that leaving the highways and freeways alone till they are ice rinks, then running them over with the plows who are spreading copious amounts of coarse sand/gravel all over the roads would cause windshield damage.

Does it come with a cracked windshield or is that an aftermarket addition?

I suspect within two months on Montana highways it will have a big crack.

Holy crap I agree with 6.5 MtMuley on something. No way any other state goes through more replacement windshields per year Per Capita than Montana. Who would have thought that leaving the highways and freeways alone till they are ice rinks, then running them over with the plows who are spreading copious amounts of coarse sand/gravel all over the roads would cause windshield damage.

Agreed. Allowing trucks to go with uncovered loads is crazy. I have lost a windshield to a potato that rolled off an oncoming truck. Scared the hell out of me and completely destroyed the windshield and the wiper where it hit. It would have killed a motorcyclist. The current crack in my windshield is from an oncoming gravel truck. Many other chips and cracks from passing/uncovered trucks with loads of rock, gravel, and debris.

I most other states, some serious fines come with uncovered loads. I wish Montana was that way.

My windshield usually get broke from the sand the road dept. uses.

Not sure why you haven't tried the diesel model? I've had two GM diesels both very well maintained, first I traded in with 239,000 runnning great. The second has 110,000 +. Both are crew cabs, I'll probably never own another gas truck especially for towing.

Not sure why you haven't tried the diesel model? I've had two GM diesels both very well maintained, first I traded in with 239,000 runnning great. The second has 110,000 +. Both are crew cabs, I'll probably never own another gas truck especially for towing.

Diesels, by all manufacturers, are usually larger in exterior size and do not have the off-road features I need. The diesel XD model Titan is an impressive truck, but I need something more nimble, given my truck has to operate as an ATV in many instances. I need approach angles, break over angles, turning radius, etc that are much tighter than what you can get on the diesel models. If ever I start towing a side-by-side to do the dirty work, then I will probably go to an XD model. Until then, the gasser PRO-4X is what serves my purpose the best.

The truck market is starting to change. Both Ford and GM will offer diesel options in their light duty trucks (F-150 and Silverado/Sierra) this year or next. For 2018, the F-150 will be available with a 3.0L powerstroke diesel putting out 250hp and 440lb/ft of torque. The ford will have the new 10 speed transmission that they worked with GM on and will get 30mpg highway. And the General just released their new Silverado at the north American auto show and for 2019 will have a 3.0 duramax diesel. Specs on torque and hp are not available but I would assume they would be similar to fords. And dodge has had the ecodiesel now for years as an option.

Diesels, by all manufacturers, are usually larger in exterior size and do not have the off-road features I need. The diesel XD model Titan is an impressive truck, but I need something more nimble, given my truck has to operate as an ATV in many instances. I need approach angles, break over angles, turning radius, etc that are much tighter than what you can get on the diesel models. If ever I start towing a side-by-side to do the dirty work, then I will probably go to an XD model. Until then, the gasser PRO-4X is what serves my purpose the best.

I agree. A diesel for Big Fin isn't necessary for what he does and where he goes. Especially if Nissan will update his truck every year or two at a great price to him. I love my diesel, but if I was in Randy's shoes, I'd go gasoline.

Makes sense to me, I do agree diesels are generally bigger and not as easy to maneuver. See you in Reno next week Randy!

I’d also want the new diesels to go through a couple of years of real world testing to work the kinks out before I bought one. Off road a gasser is better so Fin is making the right choice.

I am with Randy on the gas engine. Maybe for different reasons. I bought the pro4x XD though. For me, I don't spend near as much time off road as Randy and the 6.5ft bed was on my must have list of features. I don't typically tow, and if I do, the gasser will do everything I need and more. The only thing I really wish my truck had? Bigger fuel tank..... I really hate having to take gas with me....

Check out the 2019 Silverado Trailboss. If it comes with a 6.5 box and a 30+ tank I’m sold.

My hunting buddy (CPO) finally got rid of his Rebel and got a F150 FX4 , 2.7 eco with the 3.73 locker. I will be interested to see how it fares this coming season. That Rebel was a PITA. He had it 2 years and something was ALWAYS wrong with it. Especially the air suspension, never knew when it was just gong to refuse to go into "off road" mode at all or switch back to "normal" height while you were driving down the trail. Best part----out the door for 40k so he will be cutting his monthly payment by quite a chunk.

I've lived in Montana for 5 years and have gone through 4 windshields. This rock also would have killed a motorcyclist.Rock.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back