Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Loan Me a Truck

that's awesome. love to see you benefiting from all the good honest work you do

Did you try their diesel or stick with the gas?

Gasser for me. Smaller dimensions provide a nimbleness that I need for tight spots, steep approach angles, break over angels, combined with more than adequate power for towing a trailer.

Gasser for me. Smaller dimensions provide a nimbleness that I need for tight spots, steep approach angles, break over angels, combined with more than adequate power for towing a trailer.

as in the actual truck outside dimensions are different? huh, I would have thought they'd all have the same body just a different powertrain.

Randy nice looking truck. Do you know the horsepower rating on the one you will be getting? Also curious if you will be able to put irons (chains) on the front tires as well as the rears? Lots of pickup now they say you can't put chains on the front because the clearances are too tight. That sure doesn't help a guy much when you are in a foot of snow in central Montana someplace on a sketchy two track does it! But then we know you never take your trucks anyplace you might need to chain them up unless you count some of the DQ places in eastern Montana!

I assumed that most angles ,ect,would be the same with the diesel too..thought nissans "cummins" option might be a real game changer over a comparable Toyota?front tire chain clearance also?

I assume Randy is driving the non-xd titan that is the short wheel base. I was interested in the xd, but it will not take chains on the front and the back looks tight itself....that certainly is a downside for me. Can you put chains on the front of a non-xd Nissan?

I assumed that most angles ,ect,would be the same with the diesel too..thought nissans "cummins" option might be a real game changer over a comparable Toyota?front tire chain clearance also?
I believe that the XD diesel has the same front end that the larger Nissan delivery type vehicles have. So I imagine it would have beefier parts and different geometry. I did some research before I bought my current truck, a Ram 2500, and know that the XD turning radius was way quite a bit more than what it is on my truck.

I've never really looked at the Titans, but a HuntTalk special edition would certainly peak my interest. Maybe a Randy Newberg likeness plastered across the hood and stitched into the headrests.

With a "years Blizzard supply" card included!!
I've never really looked at the Titans, but a HuntTalk special edition would certainly peak my interest. Maybe a Randy Newberg likeness plastered across the hood and stitched into the headrests.

How about asking them for a full 4 doors and a 6 1/2 bed on the gasser without stepping up to their 5/8 model? If I buy a truck I don't want a 5 1/2 bed. Can't even put a quad in there without it hanging off the end of the tailgate. That is what turns me off of the Titans I have looked at. At least Ford and Chevy you can but a long bed version which is 6 1/2.

How about asking them for a full 4 doors and a 6 1/2 bed on the gasser without stepping up to their 5/8 model? If I buy a truck I don't want a 5 1/2 bed. Can't even put a quad in there without it hanging off the end of the tailgate. That is what turns me off of the Titans I have looked at. At least Ford and Chevy you can but a long bed version which is 6 1/2.

That is available. It is the XD gas model. You can also get it in the diesel.

Yes I realized that but the XD may be a little over kill for some. Its built more like a 3/4 ton than a standard 1/2 ton. The owner of the archery shop has an XD gas and next to my Tundra the Titan resembles more of a 2500 series truck. The owner said he likes it but MPG are bad compared to his previous version Titan.

Interesting to hear your reviews since you have owned the older generation models.

The more I think about it I really think I like my 5.5 bed more than the 6.5 bed. When my atv is in the bed I need to ratchet the tail gait tight anyway on the 6.5, with the 5.5 bed the atv keeps it down.

Nice rig Randy.
Same color as last one? Rootbeer or Blizzard fudge?
Don't worry,it will be pinstriped soon enough too.

I will buy the old one if you sign your name on the back quarter panel really big and leave the GPS coordinates in it. That's not selling waypoints in my book just a nice add on.

Back