Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan Me a Truck

Default Loan Me a Truck

Well, it seems that all the "Titan Talk" here on Hunt Talk, years of footage showing me abusing Titans, and the fact I have bought five Titans out of my own pocket, has the ad agencies for Nissan interested in seeing Fin take a new 2017 Titan for some field testing. Last week, while on my way down to an AZ elk hunt, Nissan arranged for me to pick up a new model Titan and see how I liked it.

So far, very impressive, especially when towing my 6'x12' cargo trailer loaded to the gills and a truck bed full of gear. Lots of new features and some that are very useful for my use. Immediate notice is the extra three gears added to the transmission and how beneficial that is. More power with better gas mileage is something to get excited about.

I will be returning this truck on my way home. Rumor has it they have a brand new Titan for me to pick up in Bozeman in a few weeks. When I get that, I will put it through the rigors of what we do. We will also put up some videos of the small modifications we make for the few accessories I add to a truck. Not much alteration needed to make a PRO4-X fit my needs.

Name:  27039.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  78.7 KB
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

So, these going in the Big Fin garage sale or giveaways?

(Please say yes).
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

One of the perks of being a highly regarded spokesman. Good for you Randy.

I like it when a plan f i n a l l y comes together. Congrats!

I can personally attest to Randy's abuse of trucks
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2017 (but I'm still damned sexy) 10 years of consistency!!

have they let ya try the new"little cummins "out yet?have wondered how they are doing in the nissans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
    So, these going in the Big Fin garage sale or giveaways?

(Please say yes).
    + 1
    I work so I can hunt

All joking aside, we have well over 200k on ours with very little maintenance and still going strong, knock on wood.. Enjoy randy!

Super that your track record of product use even without "sponsorship" points out how much you value the item in question. Hope that it works well for both you, your platforms, and I suppose Nissan as well.
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

10. Default

Excellent!

Congrats. Good for you and good for Nissan.

Dang I'll have to keep an eye out for your official review... my new Ford with 4100 miles sounds like it might be needing a front end rebuild already.

Great result, very nice truck.

Don't sell the old when, rent it out, i want first dibs if you do next year!

Cheers

Richard
    That's what the actress said to the bishop

good for you , and a smart move on nissan to let you test their truck
    It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.

Your life and career planning has sure been "better" than mine! Well done!

What? No "pinstripes" on the loaner?

It's about time!
    "Fletcher, there's an old saying: To the victors belong the spoils."
    "There's another old saying Senator, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

I have a good friend that owns a safety supply co. and drives nothing but the Titans, gets about 250k out each one before trading, solid vehicles!

They have been reaping the benefits of all his "free" advertising for years. I'll guarantee that they've received sales from folks who've seen the show and decided to give it a try. I'm glad they stepped up. On a side note early on in the game I remember Fin getting an good offer from a boot company to use the boots. Now remember this is back when he was digging and scratching for anything. He respectfully declined on the basis that the boots weren't or wouldn't work for his style of hunting/feet. It was then I realized that he wasn't going to be bought by just any company. He uses the the products that he's truly confident in. Doesn't mean that others won't work nor that he won't try something new in the future. Excited for you Randy. No need to wash the old one I'll just swing by and pick it up
    Walmart Athlete and Ambassador
    Costco Prostaff
    Equipment by Harbor Freight

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career

'Bout time. 'Very cool truck for you to put through the paces and prove worthy of your confidence as you have the others. Enjoy the "free" ride.

Thats great! Congrats!
    Blessing are wonderful.
    "It's not about how many breaths I take, but how many breathless moments I get to live through."

"I'll hump and get after it until they find my bleached bones out in the backcountry one day!"

Did you try their diesel or stick with the gas?
    Elitist Hunter

"Never let schooling [work] get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

that's awesome. love to see you benefiting from all the good honest work you do

Quote Originally Posted by neffa3 View Post
    Did you try their diesel or stick with the gas?
    Gasser for me. Smaller dimensions provide a nimbleness that I need for tight spots, steep approach angles, break over angels, combined with more than adequate power for towing a trailer.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Sweet rig! I can't wait to see it with a full Dairy Queen wrap. When's the DQ announcement?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast