Best value Ammo for Howa 7mm-08

rbaca10

Wondering what you guys are shooting in your Howa 7mm-08's... the best bang for your buck? Under $30/box, I've tried Hornady American Whitetail and Remington Core-lokts but didn't have very good groups at 100 yards. Federal Fusion produced 2" groups at 100 yds but was expecting much more since I have an old 30-30 that can shoot any $20 box of ammo sub MOA at 100 yds.

What others should I try that won't break the bank?

Sounds like you've tried some of the cheaper options. My own 7mm-08 is very picky and I finally found real good accuracy with Federal Premium's 140 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip load. If you wait for sales, you can often get it for about 30 bucks per box. Good luck!

Maybe try Hornady Precision Hunter ammo or their Superformance. The tough part about 7mm-08 is ammo tends to be a bit pricey.

Keep your eyes on Shooters Pro Shop because sometimes they run deal on 7mm-08 under $20/box but tend to be rarely in stock.

^^ THAT^^

That site got me onto a sell out of Federal Supreme 140gr TSX's at $15 a box. Bought a boat load of them, over the course of 3 pay checks, for no other reason than to have the brass and cheap range practice.

They don't shoot quite as well as my hand loads, but not enough to make me Not use them afield.

(check your screws on the rifle & the scope, they may not be as tight as you may think)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back