Caribou Gear Tarp

Objectionable Video on Sportsman Channel Facebook Page

Our community has long been our worst enemy, especially when hunters and anglers start advocating for less wildlife habitat and opportunity because they'd rather stick it to political opposites.

We get what we deserve.

Ben, RMEF member since 89 and support their balanced multiple use approach and they've built solid relationships across the west with other user groups. Ditto Nature Conservancy.

Less habitat and opportunity statement is wrong. Bears Ears and Grand Staircase have benefited from establish land and wildlife strategies. Burns, chaining, water, reseeding, predator killing. Elk, Sheep and Deer doing well.

It's still public and open for all.

p.s Pretty amazing if we get our 6th National Park. Yes I'm an enigma wrapped in a riddle!

Ben, RMEF member since 89 and support their balanced multiple use approach and they've built solid relationships across the west with other user groups. Ditto Nature Conservancy.

Less habitat and opportunity statement is wrong. Bears Ears and Grand Staircase have benefited from establish land and wildlife strategies. Burns, chaining, water, reseeding, predator killing. Elk, Sheep and Deer doing well.

It's still public and open for all.

p.s Pretty amazing if we get our 6th National Park. Yes I'm an enigma wrapped in a riddle!

None of that would have changed under NM status, but not you have removed the strongest protection for wildlife habitat that was in place.

Regardless, I don't question your conservation ethic, just your reasoning from time to time. :)

Nada......
Nice display of courage, gentlemen.
Even with the anonymity and impersonality of the internet - none of the usual suspects willing to step up and speak their mind when these topics arise, on this one here.
I'm pretty outspoken myself, wouldn't have shied away from what I believe in no matter whose feathers it ruffles - particularly on an internet website.
I may not agree with one's stance, but I respect fearless dedication and advocacy. Shows character.

None of that would have changed under NM status, but not you have removed the strongest protection for wildlife habitat that was in place.

Regardless, I don't question your conservation ethic, just your reasoning from time to time. :)

Ben, Notice the lack of icons over Utah's National Parks and Grand Staircase. Then notice projects in what was proposed Bears Ears. Federal designations can affect Utah's ability and opportunity to improve or even study habitat. God blessed us with dominion and if we respect and cherish that gift then we can improve what he created. https://dwrapps.utah.gov/rangetrend/rtstart

I do respect your intent but question if you see anything man does as positive or if your vision is leave it, lock it, look at it. Kinda like grandma's nicknack cabinet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Randy has a calming or chilling effect on posters once they know he’s watching. Everybody suddenly is on their best behavior.

No. Some of us are accused of being pro transfer when in reality we are not. We just don't feel the need to bemoan and whine about the mere fact that Zinke and Trump hold office at this time. Of that I guess I'm guilty.

So ya if the video is pro transfer, consider me against the video and it's message .....#beoutragedaboutsomethingelseontwitter

Last edited:
As soon as I saw Don Peay in it I stopped watching because I knew it was not from a trusted source.

Nada......
Nice display of courage, gentlemen.
Even with the anonymity and impersonality of the internet - none of the usual suspects willing to step up and speak their mind when these topics arise, on this one here.
I'm pretty outspoken myself, wouldn't have shied away from what I believe in no matter whose feathers it ruffles - particularly on an internet website.
I may not agree with one's stance, but I respect fearless dedication and advocacy. Shows character.

If you are referring to me here's my take. Video is right wing propaganda. Just like. Mark (mfb99) hyperbole laced rants are left wing propaganda. Both have their share of support.

Good news! The video seems to have been removed from both Facebook pages...at least I can't find it.

Thank you to all of you who contacted them. I gave them an earful!

IME some of the management options, specifically vegetation management and fuels/fire management, would be different after monument designation. Assuming management at GSENM is a good predictor. YMMV...

Good news! The video seems to have been removed from both Facebook pages...at least I can't find it.

Thanks for the update. I posted my disappointment with the video and and expected a number of negative comments in return (I was very surprised when I woke up and saw nothing). I just checked their feed as well and couldn't find the video. Hopefully it sent a little bit of a message.

Were they really taken down? I don't have Facebook so I can't check.

EDIT: I should've read further, just saw the above text. Thx.

I love your show and the work you do for public lands, but I am mad as hell about this video and the position the Sportsman Channel has taken on this issue. I am afraid I am going to have to call for a boycott of the Channel until they pull this video. So consider me the first to boycott. Hopefully many will follow.

Well I would have followed you but I don't watch the Sportsmans channel anyway

I, and all producers, were asked to promote that video yesterday. That video is so full of false statements, I don't have enough time/space to address them here.

The network should stay focused on topics that they are knowledgeable of.

Needless to say, that video won't be promoted on my platforms.

History might show that like in all this sexual predator stuff, not standing up and speaking against is being complacent with...your platforms are solid in their own right.
Use them for the good and speak out against this type of silly propaganda!
By still being on this network and not speaking up you implicitly endorse them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back