MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Great Site

Vphip

First time to post on this site. I normally don't post , but browsing through it seems there is a good community of knowledgeable folks. I have a couple of questions. I am planning on a wyoming antelope hunt next year. I teach high school and will get the first week of October off for fall break. Looking at a diy , I have 2 pref points and am not looking for "monster". Don't mind walking a mile or so, (wanted an area for a possible Muley hunt the following year as I have 2 points for them too). Have contacted a couple of trespass fee owners. I know the winter dictates a lot but any input would be appreciated. 1. Possible good areas for antelope and mule deer 2. Are both "doeable" diy. Thanks again

Welcome, I do not know the areas that 2 points will get you off hand but a search of the game and fish site will tell you all you need. That and the interactive map shows the public land and roads. County GIS map for the area will confirm the roads. Antelope and deer in one week is doable yes I just did it this past year in a no point 2nd choice antelope and 1 point deer unit and 2 doe antelope along with it in 5 days. There is a wealth of knowledge here from a lot of good guy. Good luck.

welcome I am new myself but with the knowledge from the hunters on this site it help me harvest my first pronghorn this season. I look forward to seeing the pics of your pronghorn and muley this time next year

Hey thanks for the replies. Look forward to more interaction on the forum.

I recommend making a list of the units that required 1 or 2 points to draw in the 2017 draw then researching those units. Some of them have plenty of publicly accessible land and antelope numbers. I usually see a few mule deer on every antelope hunt, although not always bucks and not always during deer season. This season while filling my antelope doe tag, if I had a general tag in my pocket, I could have arrowed my biggest mule deer to date less than 30 yards from the road.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back