MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hello From Northern Illinois

Beavertrapper

Hi Everybody,
The online name I go by is Beaver I'm a 29 year old husband of one wonder and understanding wife and father of two beautiful daughters (4 and 8 months). Currently living in Northern Illinois roughly 70 miles from Chicago, far enough from the big city but yet not far enough if you know what I mean. Little about me I have been fascinated with wildlife since I was a little kid however I did not come from a hunting family but spent my life on a working farm, when I turned 14 we had a red fox going after our chickens and no matter what happened my dad could never get a shot at that darn fox. I talked about our red fox problem with a member of our local Fur Takers of America (FTA)club at the county fair and they talked me into signing up for trapper safety class next year. At age 15 I caught the red fox and that memory is still as fresh as the day it happened and since that morning I was hooked I took Hunters safety class that year and have never missed a trapping or hunting season yet. Growing up in 4-H and FFA taught me to give back to the people around me and I join the FTA chapter that introduced me to the trapping and hunting world and started working in the same fair booth that got me started, flash forward several years and I'm married to a woman who spent her whole life traveling the states hunting with her dad, I'm teaching archery, and hunting and outdoors skills through the 4-H shooting sports program thinking I know everything I need to know about hunting, boy how wrong I was one day bored at work I searched for hunting podcasts and found Mr. Randy Newberg's show and boy oh boy it changed my whole world living east of the big muddy in a state with very little public land well to be honest I didn't know public land was even a thing until Randy show opened my eyes and showed me a whole new world and inspired me know more about how our system works in this great country and I can't thank him enough for his show and all the people like him and like you guys for all the work you all do; and now I'm hear sighing up for the hunt talk forum and well this post is getting long enough so I'll end it hear with a hello fellow sportsmen, sportswoman and fellow public land owners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back