Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Zinke Fans, what more do you need?

Full disclosure - previous POTUS was only marginally more proficient. However, he wasn't a native son of the fly fishing mecca of the USA......
obama4-200x300.jpg

Wait! So that two million acres is no longer public land? Someone should do something.

Wait! So that two million acres is no longer public land? Someone should do something.

What’s your point, it’s still public so it’s ok? I hunt certain walk in only areas for obvious reasons, if that designation is removed and a road is plowed in to accommodate the atv road hunters is it still the same because it remains public?

Full disclosure - previous POTUS was only marginally more proficient. However, he wasn't a native son of the fly fishing mecca of the USA......
Nor did he ever claim he knew what he was doing! What does this have to do with the original post? Damn near nothing. So let's continue:

73406171.jpg

If Zinke tried to impress the bassmaster crowd he'd hold a spinning outfit like Putin (or perhaps also upsidedown and so he'd have to reel backwards). And Obama would crush Zinke in a shirtless op too.

6a00d83451c45669e2014e88ad0a5c970d-800wi.jpg

I know this thread is going a little sideways so I’ll continue that and ask a serious question though: not that it matters but Zinke has been portrayed as this guy who grew up in Whitefish and spent his entire life hunting and fishing, is that really true? My gut tells me he was a jock more interested in sports than the outdoors. Anyone know the truth about Zinke when he was growing up?

What’s your point, it’s still public so it’s ok? I hunt certain walk in only areas for obvious reasons, if that designation is removed and a road is plowed in to accommodate the atv road hunters is it still the same because it remains public?

My point is that just because you don't like it doesn't mean the end of the world. Bending the rules to get what you want is precisely what was done to create these monuments. Massive overreach. Massive. No reason for one person to lock up millions of acres. You want it to be a wilderness then go through the proper procedure. That is not what was done.

You and people like you are not the only ones using public lands.

My point is that just because you don't like it doesn't mean the end of the world. Bending the rules to get what you want is precisely what was done to create these monuments. Massive overreach. Massive. No reason for one person to lock up millions of acres. You want it to be a wilderness then go through the proper procedure. That is not what was done.

You and people like you are not the only ones using public lands.

Is using the AA illegal, damn didn’t know that. People like me?, care to explain, this should be good.

Is using the AA illegal, damn didn’t know that. People like me?, care to explain, this should be good.

People with similar opinions on the proper use of public lands? That's what I was referring to.

This amount of land is not a reasonable amount for a National Monument.

Did anybody else see Rep. Stewart (Utah) has now proposed changing the Escalante Canyons National Monument to Escalante Canyons National Park?

Didn't see that one coming?

People with similar opinions on the proper use of public lands? That's what I was referring to.

This amount of land is not a reasonable amount for a National Monument.

I’m not going round for round with you on this, a waste of my time and yours. I doubt you have any evidence to prove the initial amount of land was not reasonable for a Monument or that the current amount is appropriate.

I’m not going round for round with you on this, a waste of my time and yours. I doubt you have any evidence to prove the initial amount of land was not reasonable for a Monument or that the current amount is appropriate.

Similar to how you do not have evidence that it was.

Did anybody else see Rep. Stewart (Utah) has now proposed changing the Escalante Canyons National Monument to Escalante Canyons National Park?

Didn't see that one coming?

I’m not surprised by anything anybody says or does anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back