American Prairie Reserve - Making it easier to get a bison tag

If you are thinking “hunt” and these are the rules your and my definition of “hunt” are completely different.

Miller’s post +1

The way i understand their rules its not a specific animal. But instead an animal within a certain group. Must be under 2yrs of age and not have a certain color ear tag. Also private land only and lead free bullets.

How is this really any different that the bison hunt Randy went on? Not like Bison are really a wiley elusive critter.

How is this really any different that the bison hunt Randy went on? Not like Bison are really a wiley elusive critter.

Not much different...Randy openly states that the bison aren't wary of human presence. From what I can tell is the APR is requiring the "hunter" to basically follow the printed FWP regs with the addition of requiring a lead-free bullet. The advantage with the APR hunt would be there should be less snow than around Yellowstone (though that could change quickly)

You don't have to wait for them to cross a "line" on APR.

I don't care if you call them livestock or if they are reclassified as wildlife in nc Montana, I am guessing if you walk up and throw a rock at the critter, you will still get a shot with your rifle.

So really it seems we have an issue with the Sporting-ness of the buffalo itself and not this hunt.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back