Caribou Gear Tarp

NJ new Democratic governor to shut down bear hunting

Rob,

In my anecdotal experience, bear conflicts are driven much more by human encroachment and garbage management practices than hunting (or lack thereof). Worth what you paid for it.

My anecdotal experience is directly tied to picnic baskets, and bears who cannot leave them alone.

But yeah, everyone wants their 10 acre horse ghetto in prime wildlife areas, while acting like they still live in town. It's also important to note environmental issues such as drought and fire as well. Both of those can displace bears, who come in closer to the WUI as they look for food & picnic baskets.

If nobody remembers,just a few short years ago a 20 something man was mauled,killed and being consumed by a black bear in NJ.NJ is the most populated state in the country and have ,at present,a stable bear population.That is thanks to Governor Christie opening a season 8 years ago due to an out of control bear population.After this season,the bears of NJ will no longer be managed in any way.

Just a thought here, on laying out an argument that people can get behind. Less that 50% of the words in your original post (quoted above) were related to managing black bears in NJ. The rest just seemed like politically motivated finger pointing, or pot stirring.

I would have spent a little more effort on laying out some facts related to how hunting has positively impacted the situation over the last 8 years, some historical context on bears in NJ, and why everyone should care. Most importantly, leave the politics out of it. If it is about hunting, great, your OP sounded a reason why D's are the real bad guys, doesn't sound like hunting conversation I would like to engage in.

Yeah,I can't believe I got a few to agree with me.It did get one a little bitter when I clearly called out liberal democrats for what they truly are,anti-hunting and anti-gun.And JLS,I pointed out the pension issue specifically because they want to sell STATE ASSETS to fund this.You guys whine that trumps going to sell off your federal lands.Here's a liberal Democrat stating that's what he's going to do.So JLS,that's why I added that to my post.Personally,I wonder if a few of you lefties even hunt or if you are decoys
But there you are guys ACTUAL FACTS,being posted on here

Dude get your shit together. You posted something bashing democrat's for being political and hypocritical for not being against this new measure to ban bear hunting in NJ. You immediately got several, who were unaware of the situation, to agree with you that it is wrong based on scientific evidence. Then when that's pointed out all you can focus on is some unrelated topic claiming a bunch of "facts" without ever actually provided any real information or evidence then throw in a couple of personal attacks just for kicks. Get it together man this type of shit is ridiculous.

Sherriff Buford T. Justice
LOL, I didn't catch that since germane wasn't in my vocabulary when S&B came out.

We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, and neither should NJ. That's my inspirational quote.

Yeah,I can't believe I got a few to agree with me.It did get one a little bitter when I clearly called out liberal democrats for what they truly are,anti-hunting and anti-gun.And JLS,I pointed out the pension issue specifically because they want to sell STATE ASSETS to fund this.You guys whine that trumps going to sell off your federal lands.Here's a liberal Democrat stating that's what he's going to do.So JLS,that's why I added that to my post.Personally,I wonder if a few of you lefties even hunt or if you are decoys
But there you are guys ACTUAL FACTS,being posted on here

Why do you wonder what us so called lefties do, if we actually hunt, why do you even care? How friggin boring and worthless my life would be to spend one minute of it wondering if people I hope never to meet hunt or fish.

Can we just put this one in the toilet and flush it? I am going to start a thread about a totally non divisive subject and see how long before a personal attack happens. Oh wait I already did that and it wasn't even past the first page.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back