Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Pro defiant or carbon defiant

OhioHunter412

I am in a dilemma and need some help, I have been looking at new bows for myself for my Christmas present. I am a big fan of Hoyt but can't afford the new model, so I have been looking at the 2017 carbon defiant and pro defiant but can't decide between the two and can't find very good info on them. Does anybody have experience with them or good info on them? Or would be able to recommend one? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Go to your nearest pro shop and shoot them both before buying. Selecting the right bow is a very personal thing and what works for one guy may feel terrible to another.

Have you tried folks on ArcheryTalk forum? Lot of info there if you weed through the occasional BS.

I personally can't offer any help as it only shoot a straight up Defiant. Love it.

I have a 2017 pro. I also have a mathews magnum. I shot a bunch of bows and really like the hoyt. I agree that shooting as many bows as you can is the best way to go. I am a lefty so I did not get a chance to shoot as many as I wish I could have.

2017 Hoyt Pro Defiant here. It certainly kills elk! What a wonderful upgrade from my 2004 Hoyt XTec I bought 13 years ago.

I am in a dilemma and need some help, I have been looking at new bows for myself for my Christmas present. I am a big fan of Hoyt but can't afford the new model, so I have been looking at the 2017 carbon defiant and pro defiant but can't decide between the two and can't find very good info on them. Does anybody have experience with them or good info on them? Or would be able to recommend one? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ohio did you find a bow? Just seen this post. I have both carbon and aluminum riser defiant turbos. First started out with the regular defiant turbo, tried not to buy into the carbon game as I really do like the Hoyts in aluminum but a mishap happened very close to my trip a year ago and I ended up getting a Carbon turbo for a really good deal so now having both and shooting/hunting both I would chose the Carbon. Also if you happen to have shot the Turbo defiant and like it I have it for sale..
Its got brand new strings and cables on it, new limbs, <10 shots put through it since I got it back from Hoyt.

Back