Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Stuffed Deer backstrap

MThuntr

Tonight I didn't have much time for dinner after my workout and impending socializing so I threw this together.

Chunk of backstraps stuff with gorgonzola blue cheese and dill seasoned veggies. Salt and pepper the outside of the steak/roast. Let sit at room temp for at least 30 minutes. Get a cast iron skillet rocket hot. Throw in a bit of ghee (fancy clarified butter) and cook meat until meat ia medium rare...a bit further than I prefer but slightly melted blue cheese is worth it.

IMG_20171201_185316.jpg

I don't care if it's not traditional but it is unbelievably awesome...Variety is the spice of life

And yes I was eating off of a chair at my couch because I do what I want :cool:

Last edited:
Looks delicious. I’m sure it would work with any, but what species of backstrap? I’ve been drinking beer and boiling skulls for a couple hours and that picture is mouthwatering.

Looks delicious. I’m sure it would work with any, but what species of backstrap? I’ve been drinking beer and boiling skulls for a couple hours and that picture is mouthwatering.

Hats off.
I've got a freezer full of elk, antelope, and whitetail, but after scraping boiled meat and and shaking brain off/out of skulls (for a couple hours), I tend to have a baked potato and some broccoli for dinner.
Maybe it takes more beer.......

Hats off.
I've got a freezer full of elk, antelope, and whitetail, but after scraping boiled meat and and shaking brain off/out of skulls (for a couple hours), I tend to have a baked potato and some broccoli for dinner.
Maybe it takes more beer.......

I think so. Boiling skulls is 10% sal soda, conditioner, water, and skulls, and 90% beer.

Mthuntr’s dinner looks 100% delicious.

Whitetail...I have a handful of spots that I can fill some B tags after work. This was a particularly small doe that I thought was a bit bigger when I shot. It works with just about anything made of meat in my book but my first try was with pork because I find pork a bit on the boring side.

To say it was delicious would be an understatement but I also love funky tastes like blue cheese.

Last edited:
Nice sear on your loin. The veggies look great as well. Are they a commercially available medley?

Excellent Friday pm fare for "impending socialization"...and yes, chairs make good television trays.

....takes me back to my days of bachelorhood matriculation.

Nice sear on your loin. The veggies look great as well. Are they a commercially available medley?
Costco StirFry...they come in like 5lb bag

Excellent Friday pm fare for "impending socialization"...and yes, chairs make good television trays.
We really didn't accomplish much...a few friends met at the brewery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back