Bozeman area taxidermy

Doublecluck

Any recommendations for someone in the Bozeman area that will do great work and actually have it ready when they say they will. Price don't matter I am looking for someone who can do something cool with a 144" montana whitetail with a missing eye and split ear

Jerry Andres will have the right price and do the best work. You might have to hound him to stay on top of it, and make sure he gets the order right, ears, form, etc. But for Bozeman, I wouldn't go with anybody else.

My experience with taxidermists is 10 months to a year + if they’re worth a damn. If they say 2 years or longer find somebody else. If they say next week or next month, do not under any circumstance give them your business!

Not trying to hijack this thread, but who did the taxidermy work on the world record bull last year? I believe that was done in Bozeman?

Jerry Andres is good, but it will take a long time!
He was quoting me 6-8 months but it took him over a year to get around to it. A year is acceptable but don’t get your hopes up if he quotes less.

Terry Suhr has done a few for me and I’ve been happy with his work so far. I haven’t taken anything to Andres but from what I’ve seen, he does good work.

DONT GO TO WILD’S (EVEN IF CRITTERGITTER SENDS YOU...)!!!!

I used Andres the first time on an antelope.i showed him a picture of the old buck with a thick snout. I got back an antelope that was scrawny like it hadn't had a drink of water for 6 months.the buck was a mid 70's animal, but with thick horns and stickers. Andres acted like if it wasn't a trophy it didn't matter.wtf?
Kirby King did the best job on a whitetail.dont know if he is still around.NEVER returned calls.
Mike Mulinix is deceased...and a huge bummer on multiple levels.

Chad Steward in Helena is phenomenal. I've never had anything done in Bozeman so can't comment on them.

A second endorsement of Chad Steward from me. His business is Western Creatove Wildlife and Fishworks. He did a bull moose for me, has done elk and deer for family and friends, and every time it’s impressive, timely, and reasonably priced.

I used Andres the first time on an antelope.i showed him a picture of the old buck with a thick snout. I got back an antelope that was scrawny like it hadn't had a drink of water for 6 months.the buck was a mid 70's animal, but with thick horns and stickers.

Now that you mention it, that sounds like the latest animal of his I’ve seen. My buddy shot a very average antelope buck and had Andres mount it. The quality of the work was good but the mount is tiny. I can’t imagine an antelope buck that small. Everything else I’ve seen, including half a dozen other antelope, have been great though.

Now that you mention it, that sounds like the latest animal of his I’ve seen. My buddy shot a very average antelope buck and had Andres mount it. The quality of the work was good but the mount is tiny. I can’t imagine an antelope buck that small. Everything else I’ve seen, including half a dozen other antelope, have been great though.

I got the feeling he sicced one of his newbies on it.i didn't even recognize the darned thing.
One and done.

A second endorsement of Chad Steward from me. His business is Western Creatove Wildlife and Fishworks. He did a bull moose for me, has done elk and deer for family and friends, and every time it’s impressive, timely, and reasonably priced.

Yep, Chad does high quality work and his prices and turn around times are super reasonable. This is a fish but shows the quality of his work. Just dropped off a muley buck my oldest boy shot this year.tate fish taxi.jpg

Some guys are better at doing certain animals than others. That said deer are usually pretty good from most.

Jordan Creek Taxidermy in Ennis. Rob does great deer and other animals, and his teenage son does better work than many.

Back