Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Serious Elk Hunting Boots

Over the last 25 years I've never had a Gortex boot stay waterproof for very long - the foot flexes too much so the Gortex cracks. The main purpose of Gortex is breathability anyway. My only waterproof boots have been leather coated with waterproofing such as Obanauf's or snow seal. The last 6 years I have been using Lowa Tibets, and I converted my wife two years ago. They are awesome, but they do need waterproofing if you are sloggin in the wet all day.

3 seasons in on my kenetreks and they've stayed water-resistant. About to send them in to be rebuilt, but I figure that can wait until January or so. Best boot I've ever owned.

Try either the Crispi Hunter or the Crispi Guide ( same construction, Hunter is 2" taller than the 10" Guide). Most comfortable boot ever. No break-in required. Extremely sturdy. Call BlackOvis (CrispiUs).

I agree 100% with this.

I have three pairs of Crispi's and love them.

Kenetrek did not work for me at all (I have wide feet) and I like the Crispi's better than the Schnee's Beartooths that I had, although I did like those boots too.

I have a pair of Meindls uninsulated boots for three years, they were completely waterproof until this past season and all I did was oil them two times and they are as good as new.
Matt

Working in the woods for near 20+ years, I've spent a lot of money on boots including many of the top brands. I don't think I've ever had a pair of Gore-Tex boots not leak after a couple years of heavy use, even when treating them regularly. Meindl boots seem to fit my feet the best but in the winter I wear Schnees pac boots. Plus always wear gaiters if it's remotely wet.

I agree 100% with this.

I have three pairs of Crispi's and love them.

Kenetrek did not work for me at all (I have wide feet) and I like the Crispi's better than the Schnee's Beartooths that I had, although I did like those boots too.

Exactly what sent me to the Crispi Hunter. I wear 11 EE, and the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme just didn't fit me. They are excellent boots, but I couldn't get the fit I needed. For some reason, the Crispis fit perfectly.

Crispi Wyoming for warm weather. Lowa Tibet Superwarm for cold weather.

Georgia Boot LOGGERS rubbed with O'benauf's heavy duty LP worked well for me. I wore them every day as a work boot in the wet in Western Washington for several years.

Lowa tibets for me. Have had two pairs since 2009. I hate to think of the amount of miles I have on them and will probably be buying another pair next year.

Thanks for all of the recommendations guys. I'm going to try on several of these next time I get up to Bozeman.

Anyone have any luck with Danner's? Currently using Pronghorn 400gr

I've had a pair of the Danner Canadians for 10 years or so, they're my go to if it's cold or the snow is deep. They're also on the higher end of what Danner makes and really well built.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back