Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kicked Out: <1Club Dall’s Sheep hunt

MTGomer

As a few of you know, Iwas the first name drawn in Reno last year at the sheep show’s <1Club drawing. To be in this club you must be a WSF Member and have never harvested a free ranging Ovis Species.
As I’ve posted in the ‘Montana Unlimited’ thread, I missed a very impressive ram last fall. Although crushing, what a blessing in disguise of sorts that turned out to be!
Below is a link to the film and a couple pictures taken by the extremely talented Adam Foss.
If you are interested or thinking about going to the sheep show, early bird pricing only lasts a few more days.
If you are considering going on a northern hunt of some kind, I would highly encourage it. It is a life changing experience.
I hope you enjoy the video and would love to see a Hunttalker win. I believe there will be 4 hunts given away this year, plus a few international hunts.

0E6AF0E9-BAA0-4378-A114-F12BDA97BEFB.jpg

294DF8D6-585B-462B-8188-E105559C0460.jpg

https://youtu.be/Jp-oDEM68xU

I may or may not have watched that over a dozen times now. Congrats once again man.

Nice ram, but holy Moses, you couldn’t have photoshopped a cooler place to drop your ‘bou!

About as good as a video can get...great organizational concept & so happy for you gomer. Pretty good shooting also.

Congrats Riley! I am a member of both WSF and <1 club and watched you enjoy being called up by Gary. Thornton ! Great Ram to! See you in Reno!

Dang theres no other hunt as alluring, grueling, or addicting than Dall sheep. That Caribou is a whopper as well. Dinkshooter when you going back?

Congrats, Riley. That was cool. Thanks for sharing. A thumbs up for reading a Duncan Gilchrist title in camp. Nice touch.

Last edited:
Thing is hunt talkers, WSF membership costs $45, member of <1 club $20 and if you win it's a $40-45,000 hunt. Plus the reception is free beer and they give away three hunts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back