Caribou Gear

Camping cook set?

lifesupport4u

Looking for the best camp cookware for a base camp. Now I am using part of an old set of pots/pans from home. They work fine but don’t pack well.

Anyone use the GSI pots and pans? I am looking at the base camp large.

I am base camping in a wall tent but want to get my gear a little more organized/ compact when packed up.

I have some older miss matched GSI pots that work fine. Nothing works better than cast iron for base camp use but if weight is the issue, the anodized aluminum from GSI will last you a long time. It's trickier to cook with though because it's thin aluminum and heats/cools very quickly.

I have some older miss matched GSI pots that work fine. Nothing works better than cast iron for base camp use but if weight is the issue, the anodized aluminum from GSI will last you a long time. It's trickier to cook with though because it's thin aluminum and heats/cools very quickly.

I have a piece of 3/8" steel or iron plate about 18x18" that I put on the grill if cooking over a fire. It works very well if using thin pots and pans because it heats evenly and retains heat very well.
Although these days when cooking outside I'm usually using my cast iron dutch ovens of which I pack 3 different sizes from 10 to 14 inches. Because we hunt from a camp trailer weight is not an issue.

I have a piece of 3/8" steel or iron plate about 18x18" that I put on the grill if cooking over a fire. It works very well if using thin pots and pans because it heats evenly and retains heat very well.
Although these days when cooking outside I'm usually using my cast iron dutch ovens of which I pack 3 different sizes from 10 to 14 inches. Because we hunt from a camp trailer weight is not an issue.

That's a great idea!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back