Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

3 For 1?

If it were me I would do one of these two things.
1. Hunt antelope and deer that is doable with the amount of time you say your going.
2. Hunt elk to get two elk your gonna have to be pretty lucky and hunt hard on a hunt.

I say this because it seems your not gonna just shoot anything and wanna pick though some animals and hunt for good animals. To think you could do all three is pretty far fetched. That is six animals and your looking for good ones so that really extends your days in the field chasing game. I have hunted 5-6 days before laying eyes on a decent muley. Antelope is usually a quick hunt.

It's possible, but if you were 100% successful you would have to break down 6 animals in 10 days and would have at the very least 600lbs of meat to deal with. I definitely wouldn't try to do something like this unless you are prepared to kill 2 elk on day 1 and then take care of their meat for an 9 days. If you haven't taken an elk before I wouldn't even attempt it, just focus on one species and enjoy your time in the woods.

I try to do three this year,,,unfortunately I only got 1 for three,,and that was with a 30 day allotment of time!!,,if you only have ten days,it would be a push to do 2 species,,you really need more time for three unless you get extra lucky.

On the more optimistic side of things, I've been involved in the filling of 7 tags so far this year in a total of 15 days. This includes 2 driving days, one day of archery hunting antelope with my young kids (more of a hike than a hunt), and one full day of packing out my elk by myself. You CAN do it, but it MAY not be the best way for you to get the most out of the trip. If I had to move out of WY, I would not hesitate to do a 3 species WY hunt, BUT I'm familiar with the places I'd hunt, and I'm not picky with what I shoot.

The tags were as follows:

1 buck antelope
1 doe antelope
2 buck mule deer
1 doe mule deer
1 bull elk
1 cow elk

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads