Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Possibly another Montana state record.

From the pictures, it's probably got as much antler on it's head as any elk to walk the earth. I think it's going to get raped in the scoring process due to the points just past the royals. Looks like one might be typical, and the other non-typical.

Yeah. I don't consider myself an expert in inches (nor does my wife...) but I wish there was a better way to score overall mass... i.e. turn the antlers upside down and dip them up to the pedicles in a tank of water and measure the displacement. Or else just weigh the antlers, but it seems like removing the antlers could add or remove a few eighths of an ounce or be undesired.

Regardless of what that thing looks like on paper, though, that's a beautiful bull.

Carhearts, blue jeans and Schnees.

I like it.

Good for Them!

Is that the mars bar guy in the last pic?

Yeah. I don't consider myself an expert in inches (nor does my wife...) but I wish there was a better way to score overall mass... i.e. turn the antlers upside down and dip them up to the pedicles in a tank of water and measure the displacement. Or else just weigh the antlers, but it seems like removing the antlers could add or remove a few eighths of an ounce or be undesired.

Regardless of what that thing looks like on paper, though, that's a beautiful bull.

I've thought the same thing about displacement, seems the only way to measure total amount of antler to me.

From the pictures, it's probably got as much antler on it's head as any elk to walk the earth. I think it's going to get raped in the scoring process due to the points just past the royals. Looks like one might be typical, and the other non-typical.

I have to agree with Greenhorn on this one. The chances that the point on the back of the right 4th is typical is slim at best. The point behind the 4th on the left could be a typical point but is unmatched so it therefor is a nontypical point. The bull would be a 6x6 typical with two big notypical points and maybe some smaller ones. The big killer to the score would be that the forth circumference would not be taken around the webbing. If the 447 includes a fourth circumference measurement around the webbing the score could be inflated by 20 inches or more. If the 447 score does not include a circumference measurement around the webbing, Oh My.

Carhearts, blue jeans and Schnees.

I like it.

Good for Them!

Is that the mars bar guy in the last pic?

Not to take anything away from the size of the bull, but since you can see the river it can't be very damned far from a road. I actually find it more appropriate they were dressed as they were, rather than being decked out in high tech gear. Backcountry this is not.

You would be hard pressed to find any place close to were this elk was taken that is far form a road.

Not to take anything away from the size of the bull, but since you can see the river it can't be very damned far from a road. I actually find it more appropriate they were dressed as they were, rather than being decked out in high tech gear. Backcountry this is not.

Easy road to inches maybe? mtmuley

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back