More Horses than Chukars

Who defines reasonable levels? With feral horses, it's the organization that produces the best commercials and social media outrage.

Reasonable levels? The link above explains the law, the research, and current management goals for the BLM in dealing with this issue. What it doesn't fully explain is uneducated and emotional people interfering with a massive public land issue because horses are pretty. You can look around just a bit and find plenty of that.

What about horses vrs native grouse after the crows and ravens horses are next worst thing.

The "native species" comment is what led me that direction.

Maybe eradication was to strong a word, but when you didn't specify the control level, it leads to my assumption of what I see most often as eradication. So, who defines reasonable levels? USFW? Private Bio's? State Legislature?

The managment goals are already set, all I’m saying is manage to the populations the BLM has as its population objective. If elk numbers even get a little above what they should be around my area, livestock grazers throw a fit. Why are horses that are much more damaging than elk okay not to be managed in any meaningful way?We are talking 10’s of thousands of horses and burrows over objective across the west and they are damaging the hell out of water sources and ranges and are also aggressive to wildlife that try to use water sources. The BLM wants to manage them, but litigation and horse groups block any meaningful way of managment and take away all tools that would actually work to manage them. It has to stop. I don’t want to see all horses off the range, but I would like to see them managed to their objectives so the damage of water sources, wildlife, and the land itself stops.

The managment goals are already set, all I’m saying is manage to the populations the BLM has as its population objective. If elk numbers even get a little above what they should be around my area, livestock grazers throw a fit. Why are horses that are much more damaging than elk okay not to be managed in any meaningful way?We are talking 10’s of thousands of horses and burrows over objective across the west and they are damaging the hell out of water sources and ranges and are also aggressive to wildlife that try to use water sources. The BLM wants to manage them, but litigation and horse groups block any meaningful way of managment and take away all tools that would actually work to manage them. It has to stop. I don’t want to see all horses off the range, but I would like to see them managed to their objectives so the damage of water sources, wildlife, and the land itself stops.
Don't forget to include Washington DC as part of the problem. Offices don't get to set approval for, contracts for, or budgets for gathers on their own IME...

Back