Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Alps Pursuit X

sschultz

I just got a Pursuit X in the mail today. Man what a day pack. It comes with everything I need in a pack rain cover , pocket for a bladder,pocket for a rifle or bow to strap on the pack. I tried it on its very comfortable. The bag is big enough to get a deer quarter in and plenty of straps and pockets for all items I need. Can't wait for next fall.

good luck with it! i own the alps traverse x pack, and am very happy with it, very durable and comfortable.

I’ve been considering the Alps Traverse X for a while. It’s good to finally see real world comments on these packs, not just from product sponsors.

I’ve been considering the Alps Traverse X for a while. It’s good to finally see real world comments on these packs, not just from product sponsors.

I've used several Alps backs including the Traverse X and been very happy with their value. Obviously there are some finer finishing items missing when you buy a $125 back as compared to a $450 pack, but the Alps products I have used have been solid and hit the most important features and quality points and there is no way the big names give you $325 more functionality.

I've used several Alps backs including the Traverse X and been very happy with their value. Obviously there are some finer finishing items missing when you buy a $125 back as compared to a $450 pack, but the Alps products I have used have been solid and hit the most important features and quality points and there is no way the big names give you $325 more functionality.

My dad recently upgraded to a Eberlestock pack and is passing to me his Alps Puruit pack. Not the Traverse X I was considering, and definitely not the EXO K2 pack I want for my “last pack I’ll ever buy” but it will open the door to personal experience with Alps packs.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back