New Canadian

propane_cooker

Hello Hunt Talk,
My name is Jeff and I live in Manitoba, Canada. I'm 31 years old and somewhat of an adult onset hunter as this was my 9th whitetail season. I also love hunting upland birds (sharptail grouse and hungarian partridge), and have attempted some turkey and duck hunting with my twin brother. My brother started to get into hunting last year and this was his second whitetail season (unfortunately he has been unsuccessful both years). He took a bear this spring and did a lot of duck/goose hunting this fall. It's been great having him interested in hunting as it make it possible for us to do things like the trip we made this fall where we hiked in to a provincial park and stayed overnight to hunt grouse. I have been listening to Randy's podcast and watching his YouTube channel for a couple years now. Started lurking around here a couple months ago and like the positivity and enjoyment of the experience I see.

Part of the reason I started poking around the Hunt Talk forum is that with my brother getting interested in hunting it makes doing "Western" hunting trip more feasible. We have been taking a closer look at heading south of the border as it is probably actually easier for us to hunt there than Alberta or BC. We are starting to get our ducks in a row with the hope of maybe doing a couple trips over the next 5 years. What we have been thinking about is Wyoming for Antelope, and have been looking at the Thunder Basin National Grassland area for that. We also started talking about SE Montana for deer, looking at the Custer National Forest area south of Ashland and west of Broadus.

I look forward to talking with you all more soon. Thanks.

Welcome from another late onset hunter (33yo for me) and look forward to hearing some north of the border stories.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back