Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Leupold VX2 Opinions

nhn2a

What's everyones opinion of the Leupold VX2 3-9x40? Bass pro is selling them for $199 for Cyber Monday and I'm debating picking one up for my son's youth 243. I'm sure it's overkill for him but I want something that he can move up to better rifles as he gets older. He currently has a cheap Bushnell and I've looked through it a few times while hunting with him and it's awful in low light and mediocre on clear days.

I use a Swarovski Z5 on mine and have never owned a Leupold so curious what others think. It seems a good price but I also get 40% off vortex with their veteran discount. Just curious what everyone thinks of the VX2 line.

I have a VX2 and 2 VX5s and I love them. I also have a Vortex Viper scope. Can’t say I’d change Leupold for Vortex. Leupold does offer a 45% military discount so that $199 might not be the best deal out there

I have a VX2 on my 7RM that has been there since 1980 and have never had a problem. It's hard to go wrong with a Leupold.

I've seen them cheaper at Cabelas on sale.....Natchess too. I have older Leupold VX2's on my 2 hunting rifles. Never had a problem, never used the warranty either. It's still the best warranty in the business IMO anyway.

I have one on my 7mm mag. It has been great. Took a big digger on an elk hunt this year and the scope took a big hit. Went to the range after and zero was totally fine. I say go for it!

Just want to give a quick anecdote - I purchased one of the ones on sale earlier to year to mount on a 243 I had just bought. I got it home and while mounting it realized the reticle was loose inside the scope. That sucks, so I gave Leupold a call because they have a great warranty.

I was told that it would be at least three weeks before they could get to it. No offer to ship a new one out for an exchange or anything, just ship it to us and maybe in 3 weeks you'll get another one. Mind blown.

Look, I'm not one of those people thats hard to please... I get warranties, and if I had the scope for a year... 6 months even... and the reticle comes loose... it happens. Thats what the warranty is for... you ship it in and you wait and be happy you have one. I expect a product to be 100% out of the box, and if its not I expect the manufacturer to do everything to make it 100%. Tried to leave a bad review on their website... it was removed. Wonder why theres nothing but 4-5 star reviews on there...

Maybe I just caught a guy on a bad day, but I won't be doing business with Leupold again.

I have a VX2 and 2 VX5s and I love them. I also have a Vortex Viper scope. Can’t say I’d change Leupold for Vortex. Leupold does offer a 45% military discount so that $199 might not be the best deal out there

Unfortunately Leupold does not extend their discount to veterans, only active duty. I already checked. Still the discount at Bass pro is about 33% and I have some rewards.

I have that exact scope on my son’s 7mm-08. If you can get that scope for $199, then you should buy it. You won’t be disappointed.

I bought one about a week ago on ebay for $162 when they were offering a 15% off. I've always had VX3's. I haven't used it yet.

Just want to give a quick anecdote - I purchased one of the ones on sale earlier to year to mount on a 243 I had just bought. I got it home and while mounting it realized the reticle was loose inside the scope. That sucks, so I gave Leupold a call because they have a great warranty.

I was told that it would be at least three weeks before they could get to it. No offer to ship a new one out for an exchange or anything, just ship it to us and maybe in 3 weeks you'll get another one. Mind blown.

Look, I'm not one of those people thats hard to please... I get warranties, and if I had the scope for a year... 6 months even... and the reticle comes loose... it happens. Thats what the warranty is for... you ship it in and you wait and be happy you have one. I expect a product to be 100% out of the box, and if its not I expect the manufacturer to do everything to make it 100%. Tried to leave a bad review on their website... it was removed. Wonder why theres nothing but 4-5 star reviews on there...

Maybe I just caught a guy on a bad day, but I won't be doing business with Leupold again.

Where did you buy it and what did you do with it?

I have several vx 2s and vari x 2s. No problems from any. Rangefinders are another story.

I ended up returning it to the place of purchase(Sportsmans Warehouse who matched Cabelas price).

Its sad, because honestly for the price the glass isn't bad at all.

Gotcha. Honestly, Leupold probably would have had your scope back to you in days, not weeks. Probably have to give you worst case over the phone.

Sorry to hear you had a problem. I have been through a pile of new and used Leupold scopes and have not had an issue, but everyone has a bad unit fall through the cracks.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back