Anybody shooting trap....

Nick87

I'm hoping someone can help me with some advice on this one. My nephew has started shooting trap on a high school league and is really getting into it. I'd like to get him an after market choke for Christmas. Can any of you guys recommend a good one you like? The only aftermarket ones I have are hevi-shot but there for waterfowl hunting I personally love them but would like to hear any suggestions you guys might have, thanks.

I like carlsons extended tubes. They make just about every flavor you can imagine. You might talk to the coach to see what they recommend for patterns.

I shoot 8 weeks every spring and 8 weeks every fall but I use an old school 870 wingmaster that is full choke. Sorry I cannot help.

Good for him! I shot competitive trap in high school as well, it was a ton of fun. I had a couple Carlson tubes. Good gift idea!

Last edited:
I am an avid trapshooter but can't attest to a specific brand of choke. I can say that most trap folk I shoot with stick with an improved modified , light full , to a full choke. These should all work well from the 16yd line. As well as work on handicap yardage.

Yes I agree a IM or LF should work well with a gun that shoots a little high

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back